We STILL control our own destiny (kinda)

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
ISU wins out + Baylor AND OSU win out = ISU out
This means Oklahoma lost 3 in a row. Not happening. The only scenario left is ISU wins out, Oklahoma beats Oklahoma St.

That West Virginia loss really put us in a tough spot. If we hsd won that game we could still absorb a loss in Norman and still make the championship game.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Cheering for the Frogs to pull another rabbit out of the hat this weekend somehow in Stillwater. No way they do it, but man if somehow TCU beat Oklahoma State that would throw a massive wrench into the final two weeks.

As someone noted above, I think Oklahoma State is the best team in the conference BUUUUUUTTT it's a little tongue in cheek because we will finally find out who OU really is starting next week. They go down and get a comfortable win in Waco, then I will probably give them the nod. But they have played with fire and haven't played any of the best teams in the conference yet.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This means Oklahoma lost 3 in a row. Not happening. The only scenario left is ISU wins out, Oklahoma beats Oklahoma St.

That West Virginia loss really put us in a tough spot. If we hsd won that game we could still absorb a loss in Norman and still make the championship game.

Baylor was earlier so less impactful in that way but those two losses feel interchangeable in a 'need to show up'-ness.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Now that we beat Texas. I’m ready to revisit this conversation.

With Baylor’s loss today, we are right back in it. Still will likely take a win in Norman, though.
Yes. Fun to be back in this conversation.
- We beat Texas Tech next weekend. We go to 5-2 in league. Baylor loses to OU, then we leap frog them.

- After that then we need to win at OU and beat TCU. Hope for 1 more OSU loss.

I'll say this much. TCU looked like a sure win earlier in the year, but that freshman QB they played Saturday Chad Morris? Guy is a dude, can really play. TCU will not be easy either.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Cheering for the Frogs to pull another rabbit out of the hat this weekend somehow in Stillwater. No way they do it, but man if somehow TCU beat Oklahoma State that would throw a massive wrench into the final two weeks.

As someone noted above, I think Oklahoma State is the best team in the conference BUUUUUUTTT it's a little tongue in cheek because we will finally find out who OU really is starting next week. They go down and get a comfortable win in Waco, then I will probably give them the nod. But they have played with fire and haven't played any of the best teams in the conference yet.
OSU does not generally play a good game against OU (unfortunate as that is for them). I'll pick OU in bedlam until they start actually losing that game.

Reactions: Londo

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
- We beat Texas Tech next weekend. We go to 5-2 in league. Baylor loses to OU, then we leap frog them.

I'll say this much. TCU looked like a sure win earlier in the year, but that freshman QB they played Saturday Chad Morris? Guy is a dude, can really play. TCU will not be easy either.

you don’t need another OSU loss under that scenario.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008

I'm usually not very optimistic, but I suspect if we play TCU on Friday Nov 26th, for the right to play in the Big 12 championship game, on senior night for an incredible senior class, with THIS team.... we will curb stomp TCU no matter who their QB is.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Baylor was earlier so less impactful in that way but those two losses feel interchangeable in a 'need to show up'-ness.
ISU should probably be ready for another one of those "superbowl" games this weekend, as TT will likely be fired up to break their 5-game losing streak against ISU. We will see what the coaches and players learned from the WVU game.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
ISU should probably be ready for another one of those "superbowl" games this weekend, as TT will likely be fired up to break their 5-game losing streak against ISU. We will see what the coaches and players learned from the WVU game.

This is also about getting bowl eligible. Their other 2 games are OSU and at Baylor. No gimmies waiting to be win #6.

AND they've had a week off, AND they have new coaching. Watch for wrinkles, a la TCU's new QB.

I HOPE they have mailed it in, but I worry we may catch a cornered animal.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
This is also about getting bowl eligible. Their other 2 games are OSU and at Baylor. No gimmies waiting to be win #6.

AND they've had a week off, AND they have new coaching. Watch for wrinkles, a la TCU's new QB.

I HOPE they have mailed it in, but I worry we may catch a cornered animal.
If we lose because another team wants it more, that's an US problem. We are better.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

The TCU qb was definitely impressive, but defensive coordinators will figure him out more once they've seen him a couple times. I've seen a few surprise quarterbacks go off in their first appearance (Purdy comes to mind).

Help Support Us

Become a patron