We need to win this next one and move on

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
After everyone was freaking out about the loss to Iowa. I was just thinking what we need to do next. If we can beat KSU and then beat Army that will put us at 3-1 going into the conference. Thats a very good start and i fully believe that will will beat Kansas Sate in KC. We are then 4-1 and we can pull out the win against Colorado. 5-7 would be a geat season and something we could build on. Maybe just maybe we sneak another out and go bowling.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
After everyone was freaking out about the loss to Iowa. I was just thinking what we need to do next. If we can beat KSU and then beat Army that will put us at 3-1 going into the conference. Thats a very good start and i fully believe that will will beat Kansas Sate in KC. We are then 4-1 and we can pull out the win against Colorado. 5-7 would be a geat season and something we could build on. Maybe just maybe we sneak another out and go bowling.

Amen, IF we start 3-1 or 4-1 that has to be as good as anyone imagined. Did people really think we would definitely beat Iowa? Ya, we got killed, but that part doesn't matter. A win is a win the same is a loss is a loss. This seaon isn't over because we lost to Iowa.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

hey, I am completely with you that this schedule is still ridiculously favorable...but not with the offense that showed up against Iowa. We bring that game and we maybe beat Colorado...they are that bad, but that is it.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes

I agree - I said we would go 5-0 to strat the year. I was one that thought the home filed would push in our direction. I was wrong. Now I still feel with the adjustment that 4-1 is extreemley realistic. We will break our road losing streak this weekend. Is there a line on the game that we can bet on. I'm all in baby!!

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
finally something positive. I was a down as anyone at the iowa game. Stayed through it all even has all the kirkwood kids came to the front of the student section one row behind me, singing their stupid fight song, but if one game is going to define us this early, i truly believe it is this one....

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
This year's Iowa game was the inverse of the 23-3 game - tons of turnovers (and penalties on top of it) leading to short fields and easy scores. Do you think Austin will throw 4 INT's in one game ever again? Not likely, just from a statistical standpoint. Brush it off as an anomaly and get back to playing football.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Amen, IF we start 3-1 or 4-1 that has to be as good as anyone imagined. Did people really think we would definitely beat Iowa? Ya, we got killed, but that part doesn't matter. A win is a win the same is a loss is a loss. This seaon isn't over because we lost to Iowa.

You must have been MIA for the past 2 weeks - 'cause there were more than a few who inked that game down as a "W". I agree, it was open bar at the Kool-Aid stand. :wink:

I agree with the sentiment of the thread. I'm as despondent as anyone about our O last week. Turnover prone, but they rushed the ball well. It'll take a little time for the players to get up to speed. It shouldn't have been as bad as it was last week, but we have to accept that it's still a work in progress. I know most don't share this opinion, but I was encouraged with what I saw from the D. I thought they played overall much better than the week before. 35 points doesn't necessarily show it, but it's same song, different verse as in past years.... the O may be the D's biggest obstacle.

Season is young and there's reason to think 3-1, even 4-1 is possible. Maybe even optimistic about it. We get to those, and the door to 5 wins is open, and CPR equals what the Chiz did in TWO years. That's progress.