WBB: Star Tribune Seanna Johnson related piece

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Good human interest story on Seanna Johnson's dad's stroke and her younger brothers heart problems. Mostly Jarvis focused, understandably as he is the Gopher and here in town, but touches on Seanna also.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...each-other-through-health-problems/411016375/

Curtis couldn’t make a trip to Ames for his daughter’s first basketball scrimmage when practice started last October. But Jarvis, Tysean and their parents were together at Hilton Coliseum to see Seanna score 21 points in a Dec. 3 overtime loss to Mississippi State. Eight days later, she exploded for a career-high 33 points vs. Northern Illinois.

Seanna is third in the Big 12 in scoring, averaging 17.5 points, and leads the Cyclones with eight rebounds per game. She recently moved into 10th in school history with 1,453 career points.

“The end of last season was dedicated to [Curtis] and the award I got,” said Seanna, who earned All-Big 12 honors. “Now it’s just helping me have a lot of motivation for my last year.”

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Seanna exemplifies what BF would call "the Iowa State way."

Reactions: StClone

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
This team is going to miss the the Steady contributions that Seanna has given this team. I don't currently see anyone on the bench that I believe has the ability to replace her. I thought TT might be the one to step in for her but she just doesn't seem to be a scoring, go to type girl. Hopefully Madison Wise will be able to fill that gap.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone