WBB signing day

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I really like this class. You have a good PG, several good athletes that can play multiple positions, and we have yet another solid post player. Prins and Pop will probably be the starters as long as they can put on a uniform but this gives us depth to take the next step in our quest for a national title. I really think we will have a solid team for years to come. Be afraid Pat and Geno, be very afraid. Go BF and the Clones.

probably should add Tara to that list as well. :)

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006
I really like this class. You have a good PG, several good athletes that can play multiple positions, and we have yet another solid post player. Prins and Pop will probably be the starters as long as they can put on a uniform but this gives us depth to take the next step in our quest for a national title. I really think we will have a solid team for years to come. Be afraid Pat and Geno, be very afraid. Go BF and the Clones.

I think we also might have a chance (if he wanted to but not his MO) to even give Mays another year to grow into her body and redshirt her. We will have 3 strong 3rd year gals in the paint and then Hallie so if he ever had a desire to I think he could let her gained maturity.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
ESPNs ranking system is totally bogus in so many ways.

more recruits = better ranking????

The point system is so out of whack. Doesn't take into account their actual rating system at all. For example, 79th player is a 92 and the 100th player is a 92, one is 3 points, the other 1.

Harvard makes the top 20 because they have 1 high level commit.

What is really scary is Stanford has 6 top 100 commits.

It will be interesting to see if Tennessee returns to its previous self. I still think they are a point guard shy of competing well with Stanford and UConn.

Last edited:

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
That was unspoken point in my post above, where I just made up a list out of thin air as quickly as I typed it. Ratings services are for money and 'entertainment', not factual indepth analysis based on knowledge.

Polarbears

Apr 10, 2009
What is really scary is Stanford has 6 top 100 commits.

Makes you wonder what the chances of Greenfield coming back to us are?

BTW, BF said at coaches lunch that the topic of redshirting came up during recruiting, I would assume he was referring to Mays.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Were all the signees african american....that would be a first for our womens team?

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Makes you wonder what the chances of Greenfield coming back to us are?

That scenario has been predicted by more than one friend of the Greenfield family. Of course, even if Taylor doesn't get much playing time, the friendships and relationships that she forms at school, plus the academic environment at Stanford, still makes it just a remote possibility rather than likely...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron