WBB Iowa State - Iowa 12/11/2019

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Just getting a thread started for the game tonight. I like our chances to halt the three game skid to the most modestly talented coach in the Big 10 (and cap her career win total in Hilton at "1," meaning: never again). The shots have to fall, for sure. Too bad the game is on a Wednesday instead of a weekend when we'd likely have a better crowd. Let's go State!!

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
This is far from the Iowa team of last year...would be very disappointing. But, you are right...shots do need to fall. Oh, and maybe the crowd can actually support the team as opposed to booing pretty much any call the refs make. :rolleyes:

• Optimistic
Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Going to road trip down for the game. In a rare planned game outing Ii am not getting snowed out, just some nuisance snow forecast for drive back tomorrow.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Took a peek at AP poll from this week. Woof. Baylor in top 10 at #6, WVU hanging on at #22 with TCU and Texas at the bottom of ORV.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just getting a thread started for the game tonight. I like our chances to halt the three game skid to the most modestly talented coach in the Big 10 (and cap her career win total in Hilton at "1," meaning: never again). The shots have to fall, for sure. Too bad the game is on a Wednesday instead of a weekend when we'd likely have a better crowd. Let's go State!!

It's our turn to win this rivalry game. Hawks got out of turn and won here two years ago. Been pretty much a win at home series the last 20 years. In the last 20 games of this series the home team is 17-3. ISU is 9-1 at Hilton and Iowa is 8-2 at Carver.

Anyone heard if Wise is able to play yet?

• Informative
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Very excited for tonight's game. Letting the kids bring a couple of friends as well to try to fill up Hilton even more!

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Already in Ames at Welch Avenue Station with cold beer in hand. My thoughts are the same every time these teams play. Throw out the records and realize it will likely be a knock down drag out fight. Strange things happen in this game. Let’s hope for good officiating and the ladies play their game. ISU should win the game, but I’d they think that I’m sure Iowa will smack them up side of their heads to get their attention. Let’s go sisters!

• Agree
Reactions: ISC and Cy4Lifer

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Made it to Ames in spite of a guy only two miles from my house trying to drive me into a jersey barrier. :eek:
Between this at your usual luck with bad weather it's obvious that televised games were created to keep you warm and safe at home. Lol

Enjoy the game Boxster.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Ya'll enjoy the game. Wish I could be there too. But it's a long way from Waco. I do good to make it once a year. Go CLONES !!!!!!!

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Yellow pom give away... really? Lol.. probably should have been red and not a color of the opponent

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
I don't know if y'all have seen it yet, either, but Bill Fennelly's father passed away early this morning. He will still coach tonight and that's all of the information I have on it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron