WBB: ESPN's 2020 player rankings has ALL FOUR ISU verbals in top 100

Buckminster

Nov 10, 2017
I'm not quite that optimistic (primarily due to those two questions you ask). But I think this team could be VERY good in the following season.

I agree that it will be difficult to repeat as #2 in the conference behind Baylor, but I do have hope.

We will need incoming Freshman Maggie McGraw to have a good year. Maybe even be the starting PG by Christmas. If not, maybe that means that Rae Johnson is stepping up her game. We really need these two to give us a solid year at the PG position.

I also think it important that Madison Wise find her 3-point shot again as she dropped from 41.4% as a Freshman to 28.7% as a Sophomore. I hope she adds the dribble drive to her game too, she has shown flashes of that skill. Since she shot 90% from the line last year, we need to find ways to get her there more often.

Ashley Joens and Kristin Scott just need to continue their development.

After that we need a "surprise" upside year from somebody else. It would be nice if it came from an inside player like Ines Nezerwa or Morgan Kane.

There is little evidence to base this on, but I have a feeling that Jade Thurmon just might have something special to show us for the 2019-2020 season.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I agree that it will be difficult to repeat as #2 in the conference behind Baylor, but I do have hope.
After that we need a "surprise" upside year from somebody else. It would be nice if it came from an inside player like Ines Nezerwa or Morgan Kane.
This is where I have put my optimism for a good year.