Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I think that is the biggest problem with the offense
On that possession specifically (watching on my phone) she started dribbling around top of the key with 9 sec on the shot clock. I was yelling at my phone here in Hilton.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Reality check! The dribbling around is beyond frustrating.
I must preface that I really like coach Fenn and he's obviously a fantastic coach but sometimes watching these offenses is nauseating.

Tonight was a prime example of just the "stand around dribble and see if you can get an open look by driving halfway to the hoop." I hate even comparing us to Iowa but Bluder's offense is much more fluid than ours. Players are actively moving around and they obviously have one of the best players in CBB right now who can create open looks even if she's not shooting.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
On that possession specifically (watching on my phone) she started dribbling around top of the key with 9 sec on the shot clock. I was yelling at my phone here in Hilton.
she needed to go at like 14 seconds.....we're waiting too late in the shot clock to set something up

• Agree
Reactions: Ms3r4ISU

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
She played six minutes in the 1st quarter and didn't play again.
She had ten minutes total tonight I believe. But she was making mistakes on defense and has offensive limitations. If the officials called half of the fouls on Crooks she likely would have gone off for about 40 tonight.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Some brutal individual stat lines for this game

Ryan, 31 minutes and 0 points
Jackson, 29 minutes and 0 points
Diew, 21 minutes and 3 points

Entering the game, in league play, we were #3 scoring offense and Kansas was dead last at #14 in scoring defense. Granted KU has played some of the tougher teams but they aren't a good defensive team.

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
Frustrating yes, inexplicable no. They're young and on the road for the second straight game after a week off, which leads to some rust. This was going to happen - sucks that it happens, but it does.
It was way more frustrating last year when our super experienced team gave up nearly 100 to this Kansas team.

Reactions: wbbnut

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Audi looks off tonight.....hopefully it's just a 5 minute slump
I watched the game reply just now and I thought she looked frustrated (for the first time I can remember) and she missed a ton of shots early...........but she had 25 points and I'll take that any game

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I watched the game reply just now and I thought she looked frustrated (for the first time I can remember) and she missed a ton of shots early...........but she had 25 points and I'll take that any game
Haven't watched it. Since Brown is from Kansas was she trying too hard or was she a no-show? Don't see much mention of her.