WBB: 2023-24 schedule

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Rutgers is also going, per their schedule.

Then, there's this:

Fri 11/24
Texas Tech
vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs UNI

Sat 11/25
Texas Tech
vs Santa Clara
Syracuse vs Iowa State

None of the other 6 alleged teams have posted their schedules yet.

UNI plays Vaderbilt on Saturday from what I've heard.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Rutgers is also going, per their schedule.

Then, there's this:

Fri 11/24
Texas Tech
vs Rutgers
Syracuse vs UNI

Sat 11/25
Texas Tech
vs Santa Clara
Syracuse vs Iowa State

None of the other 6 alleged teams have posted their schedules yet.

Syracuse will be busy!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Anyone else having trouble with Cyclones.com? Tried different browsers and different computers and I get this when I tried to see if ISU had posted any schedule stuff.

1692818456209.png

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Have you seen Texas Techs non conference schedule? If they lose more than one game in such a soft lineup they will likely be in big trouble come conference time.

Good lord just looked at this year's lineup. Several schools I never even heard of. And they wonder why they are never prepared come conference time.

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I swear Tech has a person hired and their job is to find the most obscure and cheap list of non-con opponents. They are like the Washington Generals.

You post reminded of the old Athletes for Action team that used to exhibition versus NCAA teams. Thing was they were pretty good and definitely not all in on the Washington Generals thing.

Reactions: acoustimac

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
Found a trio of opponents today:

Vanderbilt in Las Vegas on November 24
UNC-Wilmington in Ames on December 3
Troy in Ames on December 17

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
You post reminded of the old Athletes for Action team that used to exhibition versus NCAA teams. Thing was they were pretty good and definitely not all in on the Washington Generals thing.
Hurl Beechum played on one of those teams :)
"Look it's Hurl Beechum!" was the pep band chant that game

Reactions: acoustimac

wbbnut

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Iowa State plays AT St. Thomas on wed, nov.29. Tommie schedule dropped today. The current St. Thomas arena is tiny. ( for that reason I’ll plan early for my tickets). While this is a terrible game for ISU rpi type rankings…. thank you Cyclones!!! for helping out the Tommies as they seek to elevate their program in their Div 1 transition.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoxsterCy

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Iowa State plays AT St. Thomas on wed, nov.29. Tommie schedule dropped today. The current St. Thomas arena is tiny. ( for that reason I’ll plan early for my tickets). While this is a terrible game for ISU rpi type rankings…. thank you Cyclones!!! for helping out the Tommies as they seek to elevate their program in theor Div 1 transition.
Wow probably time to go and watch them.

Would there be any organized outing for that game?

Edit: just checked the tickets and GA will cost you $49!

• Wow
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wow probably time to go and watch them.

Would there be any organized outing for that game?

Edit: just checked the tickets and GA will cost you $49!

LOL ISU isn't that much of a name brand.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Apparently that’s the price of their home games. I just randomly checked other games to see whether they jacked up the price or not.
Holy cow good thing it's a bunch of rich folk who go there. No way in the world I'd pay $49 to watch a in season mediocre WBB game.
Hell I suggested Jamie bump up the Iowa tkts to $25 and I thought I was being greedy.LOL.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Iowa State plays AT St. Thomas on wed, nov.29. Tommie schedule dropped today. The current St. Thomas arena is tiny. ( for that reason I’ll plan early for my tickets). While this is a terrible game for ISU rpi type rankings…. thank you Cyclones!!! for helping out the Tommies as they seek to elevate their program in their Div 1 transition.

Good find and interesting!

Good PR for Cyclones in recruiting Minnesota. Tommies also play at Drake and host Big Ten Wisconsin in St. Paul. They played at Madison last year. Last year they hosted South Carolina State which is a ways for P5 to travel for a small new Div 1 opponent.

Will have to keep an eye out for single ticket sales. Not looking to buy Tommie season tickets for one game.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Went to watch ISU play NDSU in Fargo a few years ago. Outside of Angie Welle and family, my friends and I were the only Cyclones there. Couldn't have been 200 people at the game. It was pretty cool though.