Watching Lisa Koll-Uhl Friday Night

bobh33

Apr 11, 2006
Anybody know who will have Lisa's race on in DSM Friday night? Buffalo Wild Wings? Looks like it's on one of NBC's branch stations??

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
The Register has a big article on Lisa currently at their site, and on their iPad version. It looks like it is in tomorrow's newspaper (not today's).

U.S. Olympic Trials: Lisa Uhl set to contend for Olympic berth
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120621/SPORTS/120621010/1024/juice/?odyssey=nav|head

UHL'S DOUBLE DUTY

Lisa Uhl will have a shot at making the U.S. Olympic team in the 5,000 meters next week.

Uhl, who won NCAA titles in the 5,000 indoors and outdoors at Iowa State, faces a tougher challenge at that distance — with eight runners who already have met the “A” standard (time) that qualifies to be considered for one of three team spots.

In Friday night’s 10,000, just four American women have reached the “A” standard plateau.

“It will definitely be a lot more competitive,” Uhl said of the June 28 final in the 5,000. “If I make the team in the 10,000 and get it in the 5,000, that would just be icing on the cake.”

WATCH FORMER CYCLONE, DODGER ON TV

Former Iowa State NCAA champion Lisa Uhl — whose maiden name was Lisa Koll at Fort Dodge High School — competes tonight [Friday]in the 10,000-meter run at the U.S. Olympic Trials.

To follow the race, which begins at 9:20 p.m. Iowa time:

Twitter: Register sports editor Bryce Miller, @Bryce_A_Miller

TV: NBC Sports Network

Live blog: Runner's World: Running Shoes, Marathon Training, Racing

In doing research recently on my avatar, undefeated 3-time NCAA champion UNI wrestler Bill Koll, who also wrestled in the 1948 London Olympics, I saw articles that Lisa Koll was injured some in recent years. (I'm not sure whether there is any family relationship, perhaps unlikely, though both are from Fort Dodge.) The Register article didn't mention any injuries so hopefully Lisa is ready to peak.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
The men are running the 10k now and it is raining hard. Good luck to Lisa and Meaghan tonight.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Right now Lisa is in third. What does she have to finish to advance?
Top 3, assuming they all have "A" qualification standard times.
If she finishes 4th, and one of the top 3 doesn't have an A standard time, then she will advance.

.......... I think.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron