Watch the Sisters watch the selection show

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
Look, I'm not debating the fact that others don't deserve the attention. But it comes down to basic marketing... they are going to talk about things that they think will sell advertising, not only during the selection show but also for the whole tourney. They will profile other teams, but they'll be looking for stories that will hold interest.

Polarbears

Apr 10, 2009
I feel badly for coach and Alison, they work so hard to get the team in good bracket position, and then bad luck with illness sets them back. If Aus hadn't gotten sick, this might have been the best chance to sneak into the final four.

I think the seeds are perfectly defensible. Southern division teams had to play each other twice, that is 3 extra games against ranked teams. Add that we lost our last 2 games, we are exactly where we should be. Obviously economic factors (ratings, attendance) were worked in with basketball factors in determining matchups, but you just have to go out on the floor and show why you should have gotten more respect.
If we pass well, shoot well, defend well, and rebound hard, we can show everyone what ISU basketball is about, win or lose.