*** Washington vs Michigan 2024 FB natty game ***

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Penix was not good. His line didn't help but he flat out missed a couple TD throws. He looked frustrated and all his throws were rushed and too hard. He was afraid to get hit and if you're injured that bad, you're hurting your team being out there.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Cheating wins folks.

It was insane listening to all the analysts leading up to the CFP and Championship game talk about everything Michigan had to overcome this season. Wut? Overcome? They didn’t have to overcome anything…. they were CHEATING!! TWICE!! Cheating in recruiting…. and in stealing signs. Cheating gives you an advantage guys…. not something to overcome. It was disgusting hearing them talk about it like that.

There should be an asterisk on this title…. how can there not be??
You know he has 45 4-star players on his roster right? Or that he has almost a .700 winning % in the NFL?

Sometimes you're just good.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Cheating wins folks.

It was insane listening to all the analysts leading up to the CFP and Championship game talk about everything Michigan had to overcome this season. Wut? Overcome? They didn’t have to overcome anything…. they were CHEATING!! TWICE!! Cheating in recruiting…. and in stealing signs. Cheating gives you an advantage guys…. not something to overcome. It was disgusting hearing them talk about it like that.

There should be an asterisk on this title…. how can there not be??
Haters 'gon hate.

Wasn't their recruiting "violation" Harbaugh supposedly buying a recruit a cheeseburger, or something like that? In the day and age of players getting paid $1mill plus.....

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
You had me at Almost.
Twice.

“Dude” was high and late on many many throws.

And if you think I’m wrong,

I’ll leave you at

he flat out missed 3 WIDE OPEN “dudes” that would have scored.
Yeah, he looked like CJ Stroud the last couple years of his career at OSU. Turns out pressure influences QB play.

Besides that your "OSU friends" were talking about what Penix did at Indiana so don't change the subject. He drug that ball and chain of a roster to 500 passing yards with a negative running game.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Haters 'gon hate.

Wasn't their recruiting "violation" Harbaugh supposedly buying a recruit a cheeseburger, or something like that? In the day and age of players getting paid $1mill plus.....
They had official visitors during a COVID dead period and I think the buying of the food was maybe what made it an official. Then Harbaugh either lied or mislead them during the investigation. Anyway, it was the first time anyone had done something illegal in recruiting, it was a big deal, and a point needed to be made. Then they got busted with the cheat code of the century in Conor Stallions, lost him, then played all of their toughest games without him and pretty much just did the same thing. Also very big deal. Needed much reporting. Much more reporting than an investigation into Catapult footage possibly being accessed by unauthorized people.

Reactions: Letterkenny

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Teams have had wins vacated for less.

Then Penn State got vacated wins back for worse.

I've come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter as long as TV gets to do what ever they want to do.
I'd be fine with sports going back to the 1980s before it became totally dollar driven.
Heck we got Johnny Orr for around $40,000 back in the day. Millions to the coaches players 100s if millions to the Athletic department I just don't care. once I get priced out of my tickets it will be easy for me to find something else to do.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Penix was definitely off last night. He just seemed too wound up all night. I gotta believe a good part of that was because of Michigan's pressure. Penix could never get his feet planted.

The play in the second quarter was more on the WR than the Penix. Michigan had a guy under the skinny post and safety help coming over. But the UW receiver continued on the post and would probably have been rocked if Penix threw it there. My guess is Penix thought receiver would do more of a post corner. And Penix felt pressure so threw the ball to open spot.

Here is video, check out after 30 seconds. 4th Down Pass

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I've come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter as long as TV gets to do what ever they want to do.
I'd be fine with sports going back to the 1980s before it became totally dollar driven.
Heck we got Johnny Orr for around $40,000 back in the day. Millions to the coaches players 100s if millions to the Athletic department I just don't care. once I get priced out of my tickets it will be easy for me to find something else to do.

TV money is driving everything. And I blame Presidents & AD's for being part of the problem.

I get just as much enjoyment watching HS sports on YouTube as any ESPN production. At some point, I hope schools tell the media folks to screw it. Create their own free platform and sell media time. Basically YouTube for college and HS sports.

Conferences or group of conferences can set expense caps by sport and have football and basketball subsidize the Olympic sports. Design expense caps so that X percent of the media or overall AD revenue has to go back to the Universities general fund. Student-athletes are students first. They can still make NIL $, but any deals must be reported to university.

If athletes want to make money or need a more intensive developmental progran, the NFL or NBA will need to create a legitimate minor league system for HS grads. Or some entity will create one (aka Overtime Elite).

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
TV money is driving everything. And I blame Presidents & AD's for being part of the problem.

I get just as much enjoyment watching HS sports on YouTube as any ESPN production. At some point, I hope schools tell the media folks to screw it. Create their own free platform and sell media time. Basically YouTube for college and HS sports.

Conferences or group of conferences can set expense caps by sport and have football and basketball subsidize the Olympic sports. Design expense caps so that X percent of the media or overall AD revenue has to go back to the Universities general fund. Student-athletes are students first. They can still make NIL $, but any deals must be reported to university.

If athletes want to make money or need a more intensive developmental progran, the NFL or NBA will need to create a legitimate minor league system for HS grads. Or some entity will create one (aka Overtime Elite).
The Notre Dame Athletic Director discussed two tiers of college sports happening at some point. He thought it would happen some time in the 2030’s but it may be sooner. I think his comments reflected that some schools would be more semi-pro and others more tied to the educational mission of the university. It might create a more even playing field for schools who can’t pay their players as much.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yeah, he looked like CJ Stroud the last couple years of his career at OSU. Turns out pressure influences QB play.

Besides that your "OSU friends" were talking about what Penix did at Indiana so don't change the subject. He drug that ball and chain of a roster to 500 passing yards with a negative running game.
It totally makes sense given the injury, but against the good defenses him running like he did at Indiana would make a huge difference.

He had some challenging games, and Michigan used the right strategy. Make the offense march down the field on 12 play drives, do your best to try to get pressure with 4.

An underappreciated factor is DeBoer insisting on playing their injured RB. The kid is tough, but he just was not a threat at all. I don't care what they have on the roster, anybody would've been more of a threat. He had no explosion. There were holes and opportunities to bounce outside, break arm tackles, and he just couldn't do any of it.

As a result - Michigan's front four weren't just pinning their ears back, they were able to run stunts and with Penix never running, they could pretty much forget about rush lane integrity.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It totally makes sense given the injury, but against the good defenses him running like he did at Indiana would make a huge difference.

He had some challenging games, and Michigan used the right strategy. Make the offense march down the field on 12 play drives, do your best to try to get pressure with 4.

An underappreciated factor is DeBoer insisting on playing their injured RB. The kid is tough, but he just was not a threat at all. I don't care what they have on the roster, anybody would've been more of a threat. He had no explosion. There were holes and opportunities to bounce outside, break arm tackles, and he just couldn't do any of it.

As a result - Michigan's front four weren't just pinning their ears back, they were able to run stunts and with Penix never running, they could pretty much forget about rush lane integrity.

I don't think he had a choice. I don't think Washington has much quality depth at RB and they just were not going to be able to run the ball anyway. As good as UWs OL was in pass protection all year, they weren't great run blockers and you saw why last night. Those guards don't have much oomph.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013

I think the injuries were a factor. Washington looked nothing like the team that beat Texas. If FBS was to split, I'd like it if ISU was in the bottom half. That's more what college sports has traditionally been about. I'd probably rarely pay any attention to the semi-pro league.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I think the injuries were a factor. Washington looked nothing like the team that beat Texas. If FBS was to split, I'd like it if ISU was in the bottom half. That's more what college sports has traditionally been about. I'd probably rarely pay any attention to the semi-pro league.
Washington didn’t have that many injuries, Michigan is just a lot better than texas even though they were missing their best OL and starting DL.

The idea that people would want ISU in the bottom half is wild. ISU has a very clear path to the playoff every year. There isn’t anyone in the Big12 that you could pencil in for a Lilly loss. League is very balanced