Volleyball: ISU at Baylor 10/25

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Anybody going to try and watch this match?

If you go to the CBS Sports Live site, you can get a promotional winter subscription for $7.50 instead of $9.95 per month. I use it for womens basketball and wrestling.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Anybody going to try and watch this match?

If you go to the CBS Sports Live site, you can get a promotional winter subscription for $7.50 instead of $9.95 per month. I use it for womens basketball and wrestling.

Think I'll go with play-by-play from you. :)

17-14 for the good gals. Hope we can win this on the road and get to .500 in conference.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
We're up 2-0 in sets, 25-20 in the latter. The blog is running, so most folks might be there.

Malloy is a good player. It's sad that she muddles around on a 1-6 conference team. I can only imagine how much better we might be with her jump serve. Oh, well. Horner is playing better. In the KU set wins, she set the ball a lot higher. I think Hurtt and some of these hitters need that.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I can't believe OU beat UT in straight sets? Was that in Austin? Weird year. Baylor's only win was at 6-2 KSU so far. We need to get some motivation and play better on the road.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
We lose the 3rd set 25-16 after coach tries a nice miss-mash of players who haven't seen action? Why is it neccesary to throw a set away to prove a point? I don't get it.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
We lose the 4th set 25-21. No fire in the players. No West after being a factor in the first two sets. We have no block, yet they have players setting career highs? Hhhmm, that's weird. We sell out the side we hit to everytime, and seem surprised? This is a bad team we're letting dictate play.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, crap, we drop to 3-5 in conference to a team we can't afford to lose to if we are going to even make .500. :sad:

TCG

Mar 9, 2011
It's just disappointing; we easily take the first two, then we think we can coast to a sweep but lose the third 16-25. Is the requirement you have to be .500 overall or in conference to make the tourney? I feel bad for CJL, I bet she is just pulling her hair out with this young group.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Why are we still looking for people to have energy, stability, and leadership? Unless West was hurt, there's no way she should have been held out. They were 1-6 in conference, they don't block anybody. We gave up 7 blocks in the 3rd set alone, Hurtt was blocked 3 times on a single point, then twice on another. This team has no business playing post season.

I traveled during the loss to Tech, thinking that couldn't happen, when watching our football team get beat. Watched the KU match but didn't post. Totally different teams from them to now. After the first two sets, this was hard to watch.

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Thanks for the update. I was called in to work today but it looks like I didn't miss much. Is this the low point in the season? But I was hoping to pull out a win to put me in the mood to sit through five hour meeting tomorrow and a long drive.