Volleyball Final Four in Omaha

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Was just looking at the VB schedule and seen the Final Four was in Omaha. I know it's a long shot, but how cool it would be for ISU to play for a NC that close to home. It would introduce a lot of ISU fans to VB. Heck we had a pretty good turn out at the Elite Eight a few years ago up in the Twin Cities. Well here is hoping for a good season.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
All comes down to the draw.... Would be cool. Lots of talent on the team, just needs to come together.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines is one of the regional sites, also (San Diego, Austin, Lexington).

Depending on how the season progresses, it's conceivable to have an Ames -> DSM -> Omaha path in the postseason.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
All comes down to the draw.... Would be cool. Lots of talent on the team, just needs to come together.

Man, I am still not over that 2012 5th set loss to FSU that would have put us in the Final Four. What a setup against a team I still think we were better than.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Des Moines is one of the regional sites, also (San Diego, Austin, Lexington).

Depending on how the season progresses, it's conceivable to have an Ames -> DSM -> Omaha path in the postseason.

We are Iowa State. The more likely route ends up going through PSU and Stanford, I'm sure. At least that's what I'm going to expect and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
On Ticketmaster the finals only have hospitality packs available. Any idea on how to get normal tickets?

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
StubHub?
I'm sure that the school will have something available for each step of the way. If it weren't in Omaha, I'd be shocked to hear that tickets could be tough to come by.

Yeah, I wonder if they are holding back the regular ones right now to try to sell the hospitality packs.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
It's possible, or Huskers have really gone nuts over the possibility. They do like volleyball out there.

I believe they were also #1 in the preseason poll. With Inky out at Stanford this year, I'd be drinking all the kool-aid at Nebby.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I believe they were also #1 in the preseason poll. With Inky out at Stanford this year, I'd be drinking all the kool-aid at Nebby.

You should be seeing some pretty good volleyball in your hometown this fall.

I'm thinking about taking the wife and daughter up to Madison and seeing some Lauren Carlini in person. She is from Aurora, which is the next town over from us. DD plays volleyball and I'm still pushing her to work at being a setter even though she's going to be pegged at MB on every team she plays on.

Last edited:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
You should be seeing some pretty good volleyball in your hometown this fall.

I'm thinking about taking the wife and daughter up to Madison and seeing some Lauren Carlini in person. She is from Aurora, which is the next town over from us. DD plays volleyball and I'm still pushing her to work at being a setter even though she's going to be pegged at MB on every team she plays on.

going to try and make it to the Neb and PSU home games for sure. Lauren is fun to watch, very smooth.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
well nvm, I guess with the expansion they don't do a round robin anymore. Both of those games are away. That's sucky.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Man, I am still not over that 2012 5th set loss to FSU that would have put us in the Final Four. What a setup against a team I still think we were better than.
I was at that match in Minny - it was 2011. We were the #4 overall seed, meaning we were the favorites in that region. It was by far the weakest regional, a great set-up for us. ISU was even up 10-8 in the fifth!
Don't know that we were the better team though. When it came to crunch time, FSU came through.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I was at that match in Minny - it was 2011. We were the #4 overall seed, meaning we were the favorites in that region. It was by far the weakest regional, a great set-up for us. ISU was even up 10-8 in the fifth!
Don't know that we were the better team though. When it came to crunch time, FSU came through.

Yikes, I did not remember the bolded. :sad: