Vodka Sam with some competition

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Isn't it policy in Iowa $hitty to hold drunks for 8 hours to sleep it off before releasing them. I thought that was police policy everywhere.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
Isn't it policy in Iowa $hitty to hold drunks for 8 hours to sleep it off before releasing them. I thought that was police policy everywhere.
They had to make their arrest quota for the week.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Wouldn't they keep her locked up until she was sober.
Yeah that is SOP I think. You don't get let out until you are 0% BAC, is my understanding. From a friend who went thru it twice (10 years apart). Basically, you're in for the night.

Seems like they just revolving door-ed her. Is that part of the "bail reform" thing? Or since she was 19 they released to someone (parent? partner? friend?) who then DIDN'T keep her safe? Where's our legal eagles to educate us?

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Yeah that is SOP I think. You don't get let out until you are 0% BAC, is my understanding. From a friend who went thru it twice (10 years apart). Basically, you're in for the night.

Seems like they just revolving door-ed her. Is that part of the "bail reform" thing? Or since she was 19 they released to someone (parent? partner? friend?) who then DIDN'T keep her safe? Where's our legal eagles to educate us?

From what I saw someone came to get her from the police station. They do have a requirement that a person who comes to take responsibility for an OWI driver must not be under the influence (so drunks aren't released to drunks).

Also the second time she was pulled over she was under the legal limit but tested positive for THC. D’oh!

Biggest problem the police had was not impounding her car, but just leaving it by the side of the road so her friend could take her back there to drive it again.

Reactions: aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron