***Virginia Duals Friday & Saturday Jan 12/13***

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Its a short turnaround this week as the team has headed to Norfolk for the Virginia Duals. There are 13 D-1 teams competing and Friday will be pool play. ISU has drawn #10 Arizona State and Virginia in to their pool. Then on Friday afternoon and Saturday the teams are broken in to three four team brackets based on how they did in the pools (1st place in each pool to the top bracket, 2nd to the middle bracket, 3rd to the bottom bracket, I don't know what happens to the 13th team but we aren't in the 4 team pool so I guess we don't really care).

ISU wrestles Virginia at 8AM central time and Arizona State at noon central time.

Tournament Website is here
Trackwrestling is offering a PPV stream for $14.99 for the weekend. I've never used their stream so I can't comment on good/reliable it is.

Here's ISU's release (.pdf)
Here's Arizona State's release (.pdf)
Here's Virginia's release

Last edited:

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Here's the other pools. Probably safe to assume we won't be facing Virginia Tech or UNI. Lock Haven or Oklahoma could win the York River pool so that one is a bit up in the air. And to be honest I'm not sure if we'll be in the middle or bottom bracket on Saturday.

Hampton River Pool:
Campbell
Old Dominion
#9 Virginia Tech

Poquoson River Pool
Kent State
Chattanooga
#11 UNI

York River Pool:
#20 Lock Haven
Fresno State
Oklahoma
Bucknell

Rankings for the teams are from the latest NWCA/USA Today coaches poll.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I didn't sign up for the track stream because it's tough to watch more than a match or two while at work vs. just having a tab open set to Track. Did anybody shell out for that?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron