Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
That theme will go away when the Big Ten deal kicks in. That theme is older than when the last time Nebraska football was relevant.
CBS has had that CFB Theme since at least the 80's. I'm sure they will use it on their B1G games now.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Amazon dipping their toe but not getting a piece of the b1g should also help the pac and big 12. They want in, the SEC and B1g are off the table.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Good point. Will be interesting. If NBC is negotiating with B1G and ND on separate deals at the same time it's going to get pretty tricky.

What I'm wondering is if this news is all being strategically leaked to get ESPN to up its offer or to spook Notre Dame into joining the league. Or both.

I can't imagine leaking something this specific if there's a chance something substantial could change, but there are lots of things I couldn't imagine once upon a time.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
So now you're dumbing posts you don't agree with and putting people on ignore.
I dont dumb very many, unlike some people. Some people dumb more than they comment.

Your post was dumb.

When you call me out on for something that others have specifically posted a lot more about. And then specifically make a post that says 2 people give confirmation to something that they didnt, and at most gave more speculation, that they clearly had no actual knowledge about, beyond speculation.

Yeah you get a dumb, because Im tired of you and whoamisIwhatsisface saying the same thing over and over.

And as far as whowhatshisface he specifically did the same thing called me out and went back to his tired ACC Bull$%$#. And I even told him he was getting close to being the first person on my ignore list a few days ago with is rhetoric. So he then called me out with the same BS, and same ACC ACC ACC ACC full of opinion, speculation, wild theories, no real data, and attitude to boot.

You want to be the 2nd?

Nothing in that Wilner interview told me anything. Wilner is a moron, look at his tweets from the last month, his articles. He will say anything to make the Pac and the West coast look better. Williams invited him on his show, he is not going to get argumentative with him and be a jerk to him, if he did no one would ever come on his show again.

You can seriously think that interview was proof of anything, nor eithers tone meant anything.

You and whodunwhatsisname are probably the same person you both are so much alike.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I am starting to believe the Big 12 is going to have to trade the last year of OuT for a quality deal. Trading OuT for the 4 corners would not be horrible
Really that makes a lot of sense. ESPN takes over the SEC contract in 2024, the same year that the four new schools join the conference. Let's cut a deal with OuT and ESPN that allows them to leave after the 2023 season, and bring on the 4 corner schools. ESPN spends money on the B12 and the P12 dies a slow death. This also puts pressure on Oregon and Washington to join the B12 or sit in the P12, hoping for that B10 bid that might be there, or might not.

Bikeryde

Sep 7, 2021
MSP
Ok so what’s the best outcome here for B12? If these TV deal tweets are accurate- does that mean NBC/CBS/Fox will have no interest in B12? This is all new to me so just making sure I’m wearing the same size nut cup as everyone else…

And if so, ESPN may be the only viable option for a TV deal? And no one wants to have to be in bed with ESPN, right? Just curious what best some best case scenarios are for whomever is now left waiting to negotiate new deals.

Reactions: agentbear

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I dont dumb very many, unlike some people. Some people dumb more than they comment.

Your post was dumb.

When you call me out on for something that others have specifically posted a lot more about. And then specifically make a post that says 2 people give confirmation to something that they didnt, and at most gave more speculation, that they clearly had no actual knowledge about, beyond speculation.

Yeah you get a dumb, because Im tired of you and whoamisIwhatsisface saying the same thing over and over.

And as far as whowhatshisface he specifically did the same thing called me out and went back to his tired ACC Bull$%$#. And I even told him he was getting close to being the first person on my ignore list a few days ago with is rhetoric. So he then called me out with the same BS, and same ACC ACC ACC ACC full of opinion, speculation, wild theories, no real data, and attitude to boot.

You want to be the 2nd?

Nothing in that Wilner interview told me anything. Wilner is a moron, look at his tweets from the last month, his articles. He will say anything to make the Pac and the West coast look better. Williams invited him on his show, he is not going to get argumentative with him and be a jerk to him, if he did no one would ever come on his show again.

You can seriously think that interview was proof of anything, nor eithers tone meant anything.

You and whodunwhatsisname are probably the same person you both are so much alike.
I get tired of threads that turn into pissing matches, so for everyone's benefit, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you.

I must admit, though, your 'threat' to make me the 2nd person you put on ignore made me chuckle.

Have a good night.

timinatoria

Aug 29, 2008
Sigh. This post is referring to a blog post which is quoting a source from Feb stating that NBC really wants the big ten. No where does anyone other then a random fan board post mention anything about games on sundays becuase guess what, that will never happen. NBC isn’t even really in the running anymore for a serious portion media deal.
NBC is still very much in the running. They were never out of it.

Also the Athletic is saying tonight it’s down to Amazon and Apple for the streaming package.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Ok so what’s the best outcome here for B12? If these TV deal tweets are accurate- does that mean NBC/CBS/Fox will have no interest in B12? This is all new to me so just making sure I’m wearing the same size nut cup as everyone else…

And if so, ESPN may be the only viable option for a TV deal? And no one wants to have to be in bed with ESPN, right? Just curious what best some best case scenarios are for whomever is now left waiting to negotiate new deals.
It seems to me like CBS, NBC, or Fox may want to have more than one game on during the day. Why wouldn't they want to bid on something like the B12 to put around their Tier 1 B1G games?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
ND sent out an email to alumni about a Q&A with the AD tomorrow to include topics like conference realignment. Somehow I am not holding out hope he’ll give me the low down if I log in.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

If the current reports about the B10 are true, the scorecard will look like this.

ESPN-SEC and ACC
FOX-Big 10
NBC-ND and a prime time B10 game
CBS- one 2:30 B10 game, Eastern time zone game

P12 is without a TV partner, but does have their current network, which few people can get.
B12 will have a year to figure it out.

CyclonimusPrime

Aug 18, 2021
Ames
Realignment has been crazy. One day, you are hanging on every word Dave Wannstedt says and the next you hear you are a G5 league. All I know is I will get a steady dose of how Iowa State brings no value while Northwestern and Illinois are on PrimeTime NBC. This whole thing is just beyond dumb at this point.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I dont understand how the ESPN bit is news. This is basically what everyone has been speculating for the last month. That Fox was going to lock up the B1G, leaving ESPN With the SEC and ACC. So why is this such a shocker now.

The news to me is that CBS and NBC are possibly getting a chunk of the B1G package.

To me that means Fox may have some cash left to bid on at least a chunk of something else.

I still think this means there are more media players than available content moving forward. It just means to me, will it drive more movement in realignment, or will it solidify conferences at least for the time being.

Will the PAC and the Big 12 suddenly get higher bids than expected before? This stuff is just a guessing game anymore. Between people speculating, media people hunting for clicks, Conferences spreading missinfo to throw people off or to encourage a move they want. Who knows.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
NBC is still very much in the running. They were never out of it.

Also the Athletic is saying tonight it’s down to Amazon and Apple for the streaming package.
Yep it 100% looks like they are back in. Like I said I had no new info since the Cali schools were added. My main point of that post stands that NBC wasn’t planning on putting big ten games on sundays.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I get tired of threads that turn into pissing matches, so for everyone's benefit, I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you.

I must admit, though, your 'threat' to make me the 2nd person you put on ignore made me chuckle.

Have a good night.

This is his first month following realignment, so we should cut him some slack. He gets confused and triggered easily.

He is the type to think suggesting the ACC is able to be liquidated is the same suggestion as the Big 12 schools may have to consider working as a block to go to the ACC if the PAC schools don't join as the same. Too his simple mind, they both mention the ACC!

Once you realize who you're working with, you won't mind him. Harmless.

Last edited:

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Amazon dipping their toe but not getting a piece of the b1g should also help the pac and big 12. They want in, the SEC and B1g are off the table.
If CBS is paying 350M for one Big 10 game, how much for 1 Big 12 game to Amazon? Even if it's half that price, that is 14M per team.

Could NBC want the Big 12 leading into the Notre Dame game?

CYaeger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 23, 2019
If the current reports about the B10 are true, the scorecard will look like this.

ESPN-SEC and ACC
FOX-Big 10
NBC-ND and a prime time B10 game
CBS- one 2:30 B10 game, Eastern time zone game

P12 is without a TV partner, but does have their current network, which few people can get.
B12 will have a year to figure it out.

I don't know if I can take another year of this BS.

Help Support Us

Become a patron