Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
I'm not sure how this really changes anything other than ESPN now being in a position to want more Big 12 games possibly. There aren't any more games to go around than there were, and if CBS and NBC are getting further in, that only opens up slots in the ESPN and Fox universes.

The only real downside I see is having a partner who's tried to harm you in the past, but that was done specifically for the sake of getting OUT into the SEC. I don't think ESPN has an irrational desire to destroy the Big 12, their previous assault was a means to that end. I think it's likely that there's the possibility of a mutually beneficial relationship between the parties, and I trust Yormark to be able to sort that out.
Don't forget those leagues have/are expanding so they each have 1 more game a week to offer, that ESPN and Fox already own.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
I'm not sure how this really changes anything other than ESPN now being in a position to want more Big 12 games possibly. There aren't any more games to go around than there were, and if CBS and NBC are getting further in, that only opens up slots in the ESPN and Fox universes.

The only real downside I see is having a partner who's tried to harm you in the past, but that was done specifically for the sake of getting OUT into the SEC. I don't think ESPN has an irrational desire to destroy the Big 12, their previous assault was a means to that end. I think it's likely that there's the possibility of a mutually beneficial relationship between the parties, and I trust Yormark to be able to sort that out.
My problem with it is since the SEC is 100% ESPNs along with competing against then ACC, the best game would get what slot 6 PM on ESPN2?

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I don't see the streamers being able to push too far though, because I don't think they will even be in the ballpark of the ratings the networks get. We have seen the gap in viewership for a team between an ABC or Fox game versus a low tier cable network like FS1. I think the streamers will be even lower than that. The only people watching something like KSU vs TCU on Amazon are fans of those schools and maybe hard-core gamblers. Casual football fans are going to find many interesting games through more mainstream sources before they go digging that far.
Your logic is sound, but as has been posted before by others, I would think my viewing habits are more the norm. I, first watch ISU. Then I watch other B12 games relating to ISU. Then I have better things to do with the rest of my day. As just an informal survey, how many of you watch all day long? watch marque games from other conferences? will stay up to watch a marque game in the P12? Or, are more like me? Just curious.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Your logic is sound, but as has been posted before by others, I would think my viewing habits are more the norm. I, first watch ISU. Then I watch other B12 games relating to ISU. Then I have better things to do with the rest of my day. As just an informal survey, how many of you watch all day long? watch marque games from other conferences? will stay up to watch a marque game in the P12? Or, are more like me? Just curious.
I'm probably not the norm but I watch everything. 11 am - till the late Pac 12 or Hawaii game.

Bikeryde

Sep 7, 2021
MSP
ISU first, obv. Then maybe a B12 game, also Iowa (rooting for whomever they’re playing), then maybe a marquee game or whatever is close and/or the best game at that time. I’m usually football’d out by late afternoon unless ISU plays later in the day. Rarely watch P12 after dark- again, unless it’s maybe a close game or something.

Reactions: Cloneon

timinatoria

Aug 29, 2008
FZuXBzhXkAA1hY8

• Wow
Reactions: Triggermv

timinatoria

Aug 29, 2008
Looks like they do these Live Chats pretty regularly. Freeman did one in May. Not sure there's much to this or that this is some special event vis a vis ND considering conference alignment.
I know these are regular chats and I doubt anything comes out of it, but they did say realignment would be discussed. That alone will make it interesting to hear what they will say about it all.

I highly doubt this is how they will/would announce joining the B1G, but I want to see if he will make a statement committing to staying independent or not.

Reactions: CascadeClone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I know these are regular chats and I doubt anything comes out of it, but they did say realignment would be discussed. That alone will make it interesting to hear what they will say about it all.

I highly doubt this is how they will/would announce joining the B1G, but I want to see if he will make a statement committing to staying independent or not.
I could see him using it maybe as a way to gauge opinions from the masses on what's happening with conference realignment, maybe also get a feel for general thoughts on ND joining a conference without actually asking them or raising it as a possibility himself.

Aug 20, 2012
I'm probably not the norm but I watch everything. 11 am - till the late Pac 12 or Hawaii game.
Me too, mostly.

It is a 9:00 start, so if ISU isn’t playing ‘til later I may not start right away…and there may be gaps or early nights depending on how I’m feeling (which depends on how stressful the Cyclones game was, usually).

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I dont dumb very many, unlike some people. Some people dumb more than they comment.

Your post was dumb.

When you call me out on for something that others have specifically posted a lot more about. And then specifically make a post that says 2 people give confirmation to something that they didnt, and at most gave more speculation, that they clearly had no actual knowledge about, beyond speculation.

Yeah you get a dumb, because Im tired of you and whoamisIwhatsisface saying the same thing over and over.

And as far as whowhatshisface he specifically did the same thing called me out and went back to his tired ACC Bull$%$#. And I even told him he was getting close to being the first person on my ignore list a few days ago with is rhetoric. So he then called me out with the same BS, and same ACC ACC ACC ACC full of opinion, speculation, wild theories, no real data, and attitude to boot.

You want to be the 2nd?

Nothing in that Wilner interview told me anything. Wilner is a moron, look at his tweets from the last month, his articles. He will say anything to make the Pac and the West coast look better. Williams invited him on his show, he is not going to get argumentative with him and be a jerk to him, if he did no one would ever come on his show again.

You can seriously think that interview was proof of anything, nor eithers tone meant anything.

You and whodunwhatsisname are probably the same person you both are so much alike.
Dude you are taking things WAAAAYYY too personal. Chill out a bit. Not a single person on here truly knows what's going to happen whether you agree with them or not. Anyone at all (no matter what their thoughts and ideas are) doesn't have any inside information or any clue what will actually happen.

Relax people.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I could see him using it maybe as a way to gauge opinions from the masses on what's happening with conference realignment, maybe also get a feel for general thoughts on ND joining a conference without actually asking them or raising it as a possibility himself.
With his comments disparaging ACC and saying it’s a 2 conference conference orbit, he’s been preparing the masses for change for 6 months imo.

Which in any case is at least means of getting leverage on NBC and ESPN, but potentially genuine

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I'm in this mode as well. Of course I seek out the ISU game first. My next priority would be a good B12 game. Then I'll move on to the next most intriguing matchup. To find that I am usually looking Networks first, then ESPN primary, then the secondary ESPN channels, then FS1 and 2, then the conference networks.

I will pay to get whatever services I need to watch ISU, but for everyone else I will just view the best option I already have access to. So any game you sell to some streamer service that I don't already subscribe to is a game I won't watch. There is plenty of inventory available via stuff I already pay for. This is what worries me about letting a streamer pick up Tier 1 quality content. I think a league that does that will lose a ton of exposure compared to having your top games on the networks.

• Agree
Reactions: STLISU and alarson

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
That;s a major blow to the PAC-10..

Reports of CBS and NBC partnering with the B1G are also bad for both the Pac-10 and Big 12. Luckily the Big 12 has 2 more years to figure this stuff out while the Pac has no time
It's good for the PAC that ESPN is out of the B1G. PAC has the inventory that they need and they can negotiate now.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonedogg