Idea: Uploading animated GIFs

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
Hey all,

I am trying to upload an animated gif as my sig, but it seems to be too large... is there a trick to reducing it somehow? I have tried removing frames but then it looks weird.

any help appreciated- it's not anything epic, though.

ps, I have seen the onside TT gif so I know a long one is possible.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I was told by a mod told to put gifs in our sig's because it screws up people connecting via mobile phone.
Not sure if that is true or not.
Can someone clarify if they are or are not allowed in sig's??

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I was told by a mod told to put gifs in our sig's because it screws up people connecting via mobile phone.
Not sure if that is true or not.
Can someone clarify if they are or are not allowed in sig's??

In the past, we've asked people to remove GIF's from sigs, because they can be very annoying and do mess with some mobile phone displays.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
It was LindenCy that took mine down saying it makes it difficult for folks viewing the site from mobile devices.

It's not just a problem with mobile devices. Every thread that contains an animated GIF takes about 3 times longer to load on my home computer.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
It was LindenCy that took mine down saying it makes it difficult for folks viewing the site from mobile devices.

It's not just a problem with mobile devices. Every thread that contains an animated GIF takes about 3 times longer to load on my home computer.

In the past, we've asked people to remove GIF's from sigs, because they can be very annoying and do mess with some mobile phone displays.

Yeah, we have had issues in the past per mod discussion.