UNI tailgaiting

Nate Van Kley

Aug 27, 2016
Virgin tailgaiter here...can't wait! One big question...what time do people start showing up for a 7:00 kickoff game??? I plan on going to the haunted forest lot.
:)

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You will at the very least need to be there very early in the morning Sat.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Any other recommendations?
Here's a map of the parking lots
2016%20Football%20Parking%20Map.jpg

Assuming you have a car, all donor parking lots will open at 7am Saturday. All General Public lots will open at 1pm.
If you have an RV pass you can park in the designated RV lots and Vet med lot beginning on Friday.
G2/G3 is the rowdy student tailgating lot. (those lots will probably open early since the line to get in will be really long)
Bring a lot of beer.

Nate Van Kley

Aug 27, 2016
Thanks for the information guys! I have a couple friends coming...Chris and Brad. These two and their wives are not much for college football fans. Would there be a good bar you guys would recommend for them during the game, as they are not going to the game?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the information guys! I have a couple friends coming...Chris and Brad. These two and their wives are not much for college football fans. Would there be a good bar you guys would recommend for them during the game, as they are not going to the game?
You tell Chris and Brad and their wives to just keep on tailgating throughout the game.
Bring a grill, lots of food and drinks, some games, set up a TV and just keep that partying going.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and CyInDFW

Rockclone

Jul 18, 2016
How bad will the traffic be trying to get to the stadium around 1? I'll be coming from the brick city grill area

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
How bad will the traffic be trying to get to the stadium around 1? I'll be coming from the brick city grill area
Not bad at all. These night games really spread people out on arrival times. The only congested area might be by all of the grass lots on S 16th st. but still nothing horrible.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron