UNC Wilmington Plays Iowa on Friday night before playing ISU

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Anyone who doesn't think Iowa is good this year is kidding themselves. They are really good. And I think they are better than us right now too. In fact, they will probably beat us. But even if they do, I'm not concerned about it anymore.

I still think ISU is going to keep getting better and better as the year goes on, and we will make the tourney. That's all that matters. And the funny thing is, if Iowa does beat us on our own court, their fans will all think they own us and that Fran has them headed for a Final Four someday, and they couldn't be more wrong.

Iowa will be good this year, but I like ISU's future a LOT more. Fran has shown no ability to recruit at all so far IMO. Woodbury and Gesell grew up as Hawks and always wanted to be Hawks. Uthoff fell into his lap. So did Jok, when ISU was forced to stop recruiting him. Jok wasn't even seriously considering Iowa until ISU had to stop his recruitment due to the whole phone call scandal.

Fred is building a much better future program IMO.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I really don't want to lose to them this year because next season we go there again and it's so tough to win on the road. A 3-yr losing streak to Fran would suck.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I really don't want to lose to them this year because next season we go there again and it's so tough to win on the road. A 3-yr losing streak to Fran would suck.
A 3 year NCAA streak and counting will be fine by me. Fran is recruiting like crap so their success might be short lived. Assuming they have any this year. The talent in Iowa isn't going to cut it.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I would rather lose to them again, and then go further than them again.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
A 3 year NCAA streak and counting will be fine by me. Fran is recruiting like crap so their success might be short lived. Assuming they have any this year. The talent in Iowa isn't going to cut it.

it won't be long before the next crop of home grown hawkeyes and legacy recruits fall into his lap to bail out his crappy recruiting again. He has been very lucky and blessed when it comes to recruiting.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I would rather lose to them again, and then go further than them again.

Why does it have to be mutually exclusive?

I would say we have roughly a 50/50 chance of beating them. I would also say that both teams will be likely NCAA tourney teams so I would prefer to beat them in Dec.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009

I'm sure you said Fran's first class of Basabe, McCabe, and Marble was terrible. I'd bet you said the class of White, Ogelsby and Olesani was crappy. Top 100 recruits, Gesell and Woody, (add in Uthoff) I'm sure according to you they are just white kids who can't play. Then you have Jok for 4 years, but according to ISU fan, he is a Drake recruit only.

Yet when you look at the team, with all that "crappy" recruiting, and you have a team poised to have a very strong year.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Fran got lucky recruiting in-state with tavernhawk parents sending their kids to Iowa City no matter who the coach.

Franny-Pants spends less on recruiting than any high D1 school in the country. The McCabe;s, Gesells, Woodburys, Uthoffs, wore Hawkeye underwear all thru childhood, and Jok was basically a result of ISU backing away.

Fran frequently strikes out going 20 miles beyond our borders (Gesell doesn't count).

If there aren't a crop of talented Iowa hs players coming around in the next two years, Fran will be in trouble after his tavernhawk pasties graduate.

For the life of me, I have no clue why you would choose Fran over Fred, unless you want to become a school teacher after graduating

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I'm sure you said Fran's first class of Basabe, McCabe, and Marble was terrible. I'd bet you said the class of White, Ogelsby and Olesani was crappy. Top 100 recruits, Gesell and Woody, (add in Uthoff) I'm sure according to you they are just white kids who can't play. Then you have Jok for 4 years, but according to ISU fan, he is a Drake recruit only.

Yet when you look at the team, with all that "crappy" recruiting, and you have a team poised to have a very strong year.

So pretty much Iowa will have a good year, every four years. That's impressive.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Fran got lucky recruiting in-state with tavernhawk parents sending their kids to Iowa City no matter who the coach.

Franny-Pants spends less on recruiting than any high D1 school in the country. The McCabe;s, Gesells, Woodburys, Uthoffs, wore Hawkeye underwear all thru childhood, and Jok was basically a result of ISU backing away.

Fran frequently strikes out going 20 miles beyond our borders (Gesell doesn't count).

If there aren't a crop of talented Iowa hs players coming around in the next two years, Fran will be in trouble after his tavernhawk pasties graduate.

For the life of me, I have no clue why you would choose Fran over Fred, unless you want to become a school teacher after graduating

Gesell wasn't a Hawk fan, and since when is getting a recruit to pick Iowa over Kansas, Ohio St, and Kansas NOT a good get. Does Rhoads deserve credit for getting Lazard to come to ISU? Of course he does, and if you think any differently that you are a complete and total idiot. Plus if Fred didn't feel the need to cheat to get Jok, maybe, just maybe he could have been Jok's second choice when he committed to the Hawks.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
So pretty much Iowa will have a good year, every four years. That's impressive.

Not at all, they are set up to be good though Gesell, Woodbury, Clemmons, Uthoff SR years (3 years out yet). Plenty of time to restock the cupboard with more All BIG performers like Marble, White, etc.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
So Iowa is awesome because they crushed a can at home in one game? I thought this was why I got so much **** in my KU thread? :)

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Not at all, they are set up to be good though Gesell, Woodbury, Clemmons, Uthoff SR years (3 years out yet). Plenty of time to restock the cupboard with more All BIG performers like Marble, White, etc.
The thing is, ISU fans really aren't concerned about those guys. It was White and Marble that caused us headaches last year.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
The thing is, ISU fans really aren't concerned about those guys. It was White and Marble that caused us headaches last year.

So ISU has problems stopping more athletic players? :unsure:

BTW Marble played like crap, was 2-10 from the field and had 6 pts. Clemmons is the one that was the difference and had a good game.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Gesell wasn't a Hawk fan, and since when is getting a recruit to pick Iowa over Kansas, Ohio St, and Kansas NOT a good get. Does Rhoads deserve credit for getting Lazard to come to ISU? Of course he does, and if you think any differently that you are a complete and total idiot. Plus if Fred didn't feel the need to cheat to get Jok, maybe, just maybe he could have been Jok's second choice when he committed to the Hawks.

Again...Fran has said his hail Marys and has players land at his feet with little effort. It's the ol Hayden Fry tavernhawk syndrome rearing it's ugly head.

Fran is like 0-4 against Fred out of state.

Not sure why you'd play for Fran over Fred. boggles the mind....LOL Plus Uthoff I heard was following a girlfriend, which is the dumbest reason ever to forego a whole season of eligibility in college. ...

Cr Xavier's Matt Nelson another foregoing ND and Stanford scholly to play football in Iowa City---because of a girlfriend....good gawd.....need a mother-figure I guess in college

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
3 more years of deep runs in the NIT!!! Hawk fans are you ready!!!!!

Nope, the buildup of the program is done. 1st year terrible, 2nd year better, 3rd year better yet. From here on forward NCAA trips will be the norm.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
Again...Fran has said his hail Marys and has players land at his feet with little effort. It's the ol Hayden Fry tavernhawk syndrome rearing it's ugly head.

Fran is like 0-4 against Fred out of state.

Not sure why you'd play for Fran over Fred. boggles the mind....LOL Plus Uthoff I heard was following a girlfriend, which is the dumbest reason ever to forego a whole season of eligibility in college. ...

Cr Xavier's Matt Nelson another foregoing ND and Stanford scholly to play football in Iowa City---because of a girlfriend....how pathetic

HAHAHA, so because you read on the interwebs that makes it true? How pathetic that you attack a kid for making a choice on where to take a athletic scholarship from, when you have no clue the reasons they are going where the go.

It always makes me laugh when internet idiot posters attack kids and think that their school is the only one that offers anything to recruits. Beyond pathetic really.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
So ISU has problems stopping more athletic players? :unsure:

BTW Marble played like crap, was 2-10 from the field and had 6 pts. Clemmons is the one that was the difference and had a good game.

White is good in transition........half-court offense? He's pretty marginal. Enjoy your short 2-yr window of Hawkeye glory in mbb.

Jok and gesell might not make it thru half a season without breaking down with an injury

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
HAHAHA, so because you read on the interwebs that makes it true? How pathetic that you attack a kid for making a choice on where to take a athletic scholarship from, when you have no clue the reasons they are going where the go.

stfu Deandoosh

I am friends with a couple of the CR Xavier coaches....straight from their mouths......you have no clue who I know and why I know