UNC Wilmington Plays Iowa on Friday night before playing ISU

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Yeah, I'm watching Big 10 network, and no game. All good watching Baylor vs Colorado. Go Baylor, I guess?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Does this mean the board will be in meltdown mode on Sunday if we're only up by 5 at half? Hope not. Doesn't do much for our players focus to know their opponent just got a beatdown in Iowa City. Hopefully they're determined to play hard on each and every possession and get better as a team.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Does this mean the board will be in meltdown mode on Sunday if we're only up by 5 at half? Hope not. Doesn't do much for our players focus to know their opponent just got a beatdown in Iowa City. Hopefully they're determined to play hard on each and every possession and get better as a team.

Well if you guys do pound them by 50 apparently it will say nothing about ISU and everything about UNCW. So you're screwed either way.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I couldn't care less about UNCW as long as we beat them.

There is only one night that I'll really care how we compare to Iowa.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
UNLV 22, Portland State 22, first half.

Purple Cats lost to Northern Colorado.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Hawks basically doing what they should against a completely overmatched team. They do look a lot better than that sloppy exhibition they played on Sunday
Building the next Fran powerhouse one game at a time.

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
Hopefully Morris and Kane can get us some points in transition and Niang can take their shot blockers away from the basket like he did Withey and ND's big guys. They are a well put together team, just it's a big leap from NIT team to top ten team as it seems most of their message board is convinced of now.
Miami did last year. But you're right, it doesn't happen very often.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
No, they'll melt down regardless.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
UNCW on the other hand, we should beat them handily. Even though like somebody posted, probably doesn't help the teams focus knowing Iowa just waxed them.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Iowa looked really good. Sure the opponent wasn't good, but they were playing like a team that has been together awhile. Everyone contributing, everyone knowing their roles, and playing with good chemistry. They definitely have a head start on us as we are trying to assimilate new transfers, and young players into a cohesive team. It is going to be a very challenging game for our young/new team next month.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
I watched the Iowa game and came away very impressed. Uthoff was their leading scorer with 14. No wonder Wisconsin's Bo Ryan threw such a tantrum over losing him to Iowa. The kid can play.

Looks like a team with great chemistry, which can sometimes be the difference in games against teams with better talent.