UFC 166: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos III

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
UFC 166 should be a pretty sweet fight card. The main event should be epic-pending we get to see the perfect rubber match. Both guys are 1-1 and Dana White has said that this fight will likely never happen again as it will be their third fight. IMO history will repeat itself if A-Dos Santos lands some heavy leather early on or B-If Velasquez can use is insane pace and utilize his superior wrestling. This fight could really go either way and we will all be in for a treat if this thing ends up going the distance (which I doubt). The co-main event between Daniel Cormier and Roy Nelson should be interesting also. Should Nelson connect with an overhand punch it could likely be over in an instant. Should DC use his wrestling to control Nelson against the cage as he did Frank Mir-Cormier wins this fight. Another great match-up on the PPV is Diego Sanchez vs. Gilbert Melendez. Sanchez is coming off a win against Takanori Gomi and Melendez is back for his second UFC fight after losing his debut by a razor thin decision against former lightweight champ Ben Henderson. John "The Magician" Dodson is also on the card and he's got crazy power for a flyweight..My Saturday consists of sitting in front of the TV watching the Clones vs. Baylor and the UFC PPV a little later on..I can't wait!

Main Card on PPV
Main Event for HW Title-Cain Velasquez (C) vs. Junior Dos Santos
Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
John Dodson vs. Darrell Montague

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
You never know what to expect in these match-ups which makes the UFC so exciting to watch. Any updates on our Des Moines boys Jeremy Stephens and Josh Neer. I remember watching Josh fight years ago at Toad Holler on Wed nights. Those were crazy nights. Sometimes a fighter might not show up in a scheduled fight so they get some psycho from the audience to volunteer to fight. It seems the whole UFC scene has changed in the last year or so. Huge influx of Brazilians and Hispanics and women fighters. I haven't kept up with the fighters like I use to. Roy Nelson cracks me up, looking at him you'd never think he'd be so dangerous and not just his striking power but his endurance is amazing for a guy that appears to be a bit overweight.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
You never know what to expect in these match-ups which makes the UFC so exciting to watch. Any updates on our Des Moines boys Jeremy Stephens and Josh Neer. I remember watching Josh fight years ago at Toad Holler on Wed nights. Those were crazy nights. Sometimes a fighter might not show up in a scheduled fight so they get some psycho from the audience to volunteer to fight. It seems the whole UFC scene has changed in the last year or so. Huge influx of Brazilians and Hispanics and women fighters. I haven't kept up with the fighters like I use to. Roy Nelson cracks me up, looking at him you'd never think he'd be so dangerous and not just his striking power but his endurance is amazing for a guy that appears to be a bit overweight.

I would agree. The scene has exploded and that's what happens with popularity. The fights themselves seem much different. There's a lot of hesitance in a lot of the top tier fights these days. The fighters are also very well rounded athletes much better than the Tank Abbott's of the world..I enjoy watching the UFC it's so crazy to follow anymore!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
JDS is a really smart fighter. I think after losing the last time he'll have made the adjustments necessary to come back and completely control the pace, keep CV at a distance and use his striking to get the win. Should be a great fight though.

I think Cormier will turn the Nelson fight into an ugly, up-against-the-fence kind of thing, use his wrestling to get Nelson to the ground, and slog out the win.

Melendez is going to annihilate Sanchez.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
JDS is a really smart fighter. I think after losing the last time he'll have made the adjustments necessary to come back and completely control the pace, keep CV at a distance and use his striking to get the win. Should be a great fight though.

I think Cormier will turn the Nelson fight into an ugly, up-against-the-fence kind of thing, use his wrestling to get Nelson to the ground, and slog out the win.

Melendez is going to annihilate Sanchez.

I agree with all of this. There's something about the Brazilians that make them killers and by the sounds of it JDS should have much better td defense and be prepared for any of Cain's kick boxing. I see Nelson slipping down the ladder and even having him fight DC is weird considering he got p!ss pounded by Stipe Miocic. Sanchez probably doesn't even belong in the same cage as Gilbert, but I hope he comes to scrap.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron