UCLA to the BIG 12???

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
If BYU gets a travel partner the conference might as well go to 16. Houston, BUY, Bosie, CSU, Memphis and Cinci.

Boise has had a great run in FB, but if Boise football ever goes south- not sure they bring much. Not a a lot of TV sets and I don't see schools recruiting Idaho. SDSU has a better chance IMO.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Boise has had a great run in FB, but if Boise football ever goes south- not sure they bring much. Not a a lot of TV sets and I don't see schools recruiting Idaho. SDSU has a better chance IMO.

Well it really doesn't matter, this guessing is all for fun anyway.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Forget travel partners and geography - UCLA fits all the necessary criteria to "save" the Big 12:

1. Media Market
2. Brand recognition
3. Academics

They are the only slam-dunk option right now and they should be #1 on the list. Heck, even offer them a full share right out the gate AND pay their exit fee. Their value not only warrants a new TV contract but could even eclipse that $1 billion figure that was floated out there. Add in a new GOR, plus UCLA can start a "BruinsNetwork" in California and the Big 12 finally gains some sustainability.

It's too bad that I think the initial comments were all just posturing, perhaps just to get preseason attention back on UCLA or give Larry Scott a kick to get a new TV deal/GOR for the PAC12.

Reactions: riceville98