U.S. adults are dumber than the average human adult

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Or maybe you should blame on those who fault the messenger, rather than the source of the information. The source was actually a report with which the U.S. Education Department participated. Also, the Education Department uses the results of this survey extensively. Don't believe me .....do a Google search on the study.

So this a "hey look what we did, send us more money" thing?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Or maybe you should blame on those who fault the messenger, rather than the source of the information. The source was actually a report with which the U.S. Education Department participated. Also, the Education Department uses the results of this survey extensively. Don't believe me .....do a Google search on the study.

Kay: We're gonna check the hot sheets.
[Kay pulls up to a newsstand and buys a pile of supermarket tabloids]
Jay: THESE are the hot sheets?
Kay: Best investigative reporting on the planet. But go ahead, read the New York Times if you want. They get lucky sometimes.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Kay: We're gonna check the hot sheets.
[Kay pulls up to a newsstand and buys a pile of supermarket tabloids]
Jay: THESE are the hot sheets?
Kay: Best investigative reporting on the planet. But go ahead, read the New York Times if you want. They get lucky sometimes.

You still don't get it. You attacked the publisher of an article and a person who linked it, rather than the article itself. What is your point? There is nothing wrong or not factual in the article, and if there was, why not attack it? If the article is indeed factual, what does it matter what news organization publishes it? Now, if the article were not factual, that would be another matter, but that is not the case here.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
So instead of calling my co-worker a dumb *** I called him an U.S. Adult. Needless to say I was sternly reprimanded.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
You still don't get it. You attacked the publisher of an article and a person who linked it, rather than the article itself. What is your point? There is nothing wrong or not factual in the article, and if there was, why not attack it? If the article is indeed factual, what does it matter what news organization publishes it? Now, if the article were not factual, that would be another matter, but that is not the case here.

Except the fact that you don't get that the New York Post is one step above supermarket tabloid - and that's being generous.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
If it wasn't for all these dumb dumbs around me I'd just be another regular old smart guy. Then no one would have promoted me into a job I'm almost completely unqualified for. Thanks dummies of Ohio!

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Except the fact that you don't get that the New York Post is one step above supermarket tabloid - and that's being generous.

No, I get what you were trying to claim. So what? I'm sure this is not the only publication that published the information. What you don't seem to get is that there is nothing wrong with the information. You saw where it was published, and immediately dismissed it.....which to me is pretty silly. If you doubt the validity of the information......Google it. If you can show it to be false.....then maybe criticism of the Post or someone who links to it is legitimate, but not before you do that. You just dismissed it with an asinine comment and no research on your part. I doubt you even read the article to see that the information came from the Education Department. Who honestly looks dumb here?

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
47280-Thanks-Obama-gif--Tiger-Woods-n6T3.gif

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
No, I get what you were trying to claim. So what? I'm sure this is not the only publication that published the information. What you don't seem to get is that there is nothing wrong with the information. You saw where it was published, and immediately dismissed it.....which to me is pretty silly. If you doubt the validity of the information......Google it. If you can show it to be false.....then maybe criticism of the Post or someone who links to it is legitimate, but not before you do that. You just dismissed it with an asinine comment and no research on your part. I doubt you even read the article to see that the information came from the Education Department. Who honestly looks dumb here?

So I'm guessing you also take news stories out of the Weekly World News and the National Enquirer if there's nothing "wrong" with their sources?

Help Support Us

Become a patron