Tyrese Hunter Entering the Transfer Portal - NIL Speculation

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I don't feel like Hunter is any better than Williams, which scares me a bit because I don't think Williams is the undisputed answer at PG either for a Big 12 team yet. Would prefer to get someone equal in talent or someone who has strengths that support him over someone to back up the guy who was supposed to be the back up PG
Eric Hunter isn't at all a pg. He IS a multiple year BIG starter on good BIG teams. All-BIG defense last year, and appears to be a capable shooter.

What is your concern with Williams at pg? I assume scoring/shooting?

The unicorn would be a pg that can score or shoot. Tyrese Hunter wasn't even that last year. A guy like Sherfield or Yuri Collins (I don't think can land a P6 one).

But if you can't do that, you land scoring or shooting at the other backcourt spots imo.

Williams has played only 3 games more than Tyrese Hunter. In an even worse offense. I think he'll be adequate next to a combo like AJ if we get another Big 12 level guard to reduce the scoring or shooting needed from the pg spot. Getting a frontcourt guy like BVP would help to. At that point you're just needing a NWB pg play out of Williams.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Would be in such poor taste. Dude take a check anywhere else, please don't go there.

At that point he would be rubbing Iowa State's nose right in it. I would hate that.
He can choose to go where he wants but the “connection” between him and the fans would be completely severed. Some fans were probably going to follow him but fans will actively hate/root against him if he chooses KU.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Shouldn't be a surprise if they're going to offer him the most $. Sucks to play him twice a year if that's where he ends up.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
So Self is going to win a natty then go ahead and buy the best player available from a conference rival? He has no shame.

Shame? It's business. What did everyone think would happen when money legally becomes then be all/end all in "amateur" sports?

I think everyone needs to take a substance pill to alleviate themselves of their symbolism headache.

Tyrese wasn't recruited by TJ, but stuck out his first year anyway when ISU fired the coach which he committed. He was a huge cog in making TJ's first year a rousing success (22 wins and a sweet 16)..................................and now people want to boo him?

Stay classy ISU fans.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Would be in such poor taste. Dude take a check anywhere else, please don't go there.

At that point he would be rubbing Iowa State's nose right in it. I would hate that.
Maybe it’s Self that is the one that would be rubbing Iowa State’s nose in it if they are the ones paying the most.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Shame? It's business. What did everyone think would happen when money legally becomes then be all/end all in "amateur" sports?

I think everyone needs to take a substance pill to alleviate themselves of their symbolism headache.

Tyrese wasn't recruited by TJ, but stuck out his first year anyway when ISU fired the coach which he committed. He was a huge cog in making TJ's first year a rousing success (22 wins and a sweet 16)..................................and now people want to boo him?

Stay classy ISU fans.
Lol oh come on. No one actually hates the kid and if you do you take sports way too seriously. But if he gets boo’d in Hilton it’s deserved. He was a star player for us and chose to go to a rival.

TheCampanile

Jan 23, 2010
Yeah. Transferring out is one thing. Transferring to a rival makes it way more personal.
Basically the NIL goes from pay players to make your team better to: pay players to hamper your conference opponents while getting better. This could go very badly if unchecked.

• Agree
Reactions: everyyard

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I honestly hope if he goes there that they issue a two year postseason ban in September so he can't transfer again. Then I hope his stats take a hit and so do his draft prospects. Then he's stuck there for two years with no NCAA tourney. That's what he would deserve if he goes there