Tyrese Haliburton goes for Gold

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He and Edwards are the only two “young” guys added in. Edwards totally deserves it quite obviously. I have to admit Brunson had a great season getting Knicks where he did but Tyrese is the far better player to surround with talent and play in international style games. He really is the ideal player to plug in with all star talent, he’s going to be deadly shooting when nobody can key on him too.

Reactions: Selmak The Tok'Ra

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
He and Edwards are the only two “young” guys added in. Edwards totally deserves it quite obviously. I have to admit Brunson had a great season getting Knicks where he did but Tyrese is the far better player to surround with talent and play in international style games. He really is the ideal player to plug in with all star talent, he’s going to be deadly shooting when nobody can key on him too.
Brunson is a pretty big snub. Holiday over Brunson, or frankly a bunch of guys is nonsense.

Reactions: Selmak The Tok'Ra

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Also, kind of incredible that possibly the first team All NBA team will have one American (Taytum).

Luka, Joker, Giannis and SGA the other guys in my opinion.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012

Brunson had a 61-point game this season but it took 47 shots to do it. If they chose Haliburton over him it’s because of what you said, he fits the style better. No bias involved Id take Hali over Brunson for the same reason. He’s just a better facilitator. Both good, just different players.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Brunson had a 61-point game this season but it took 47 shots to do it. If they chose Haliburton over him it’s because of what you said, he fits the style better. No bias involved Id take Hali over Brunson for the same reason. Both good, just different players.

Yeah, they are very different styles of point guard. I think Brunson might be getting a little too much hype for getting NYC to the "#2" spot in the east. If the top players in the east had stayed healthy they're probably 4th and even as things are they're 3 games out of 7th and 4 games out of 8th. It was just a cluster of teams.

If Kerr was actually trying to win for team USA last summer he should have played Edwards and Haliburton together instead of platooning Edwards with ball dominant Brunson. It's not that he really played Brunson more than Hali, it's that he played Brunson with the starters where Haliburton is a better fit with the starters and Brunson is a better fit dominating the ball with the reservers. Also thought Brunson's length was a liability in some of those losses on defense.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Brunson had a 61-point game this season but it took 47 shots to do it. If they chose Haliburton over him it’s because of what you said, he fits the style better. No bias involved Id take Hali over Brunson for the same reason. He’s just a better facilitator. Both good, just different players.
Hali can spread the floor off ball in a huge way, and will look to get guys like Steph, LeBron, etc heavily involved while being super unselfish in doing so.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Brunson is a pretty big snub. Holiday over Brunson, or frankly a bunch of guys is nonsense.
It's probably a snub, but Holiday was so important to the last Olympic team that it was probably really difficult to keep him off of the 2024 team.

TopCy

Jun 15, 2021
I feel like last summer's World Cup illustrated this well. Even though Brunson was pretty dominant as an individual, the US seemed to play better as a team with Haliburton running the show.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I feel like last summer's World Cup illustrated this well. Even though Brunson was pretty dominant as an individual, the US seemed to play better as a team with Haliburton running the show.

They'd have won if the substitution pattern had Hali/Edwards together and Edwards more minutes. Nobody in the competition could stop Edwards...except Brunson.

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
Honestly I have no idea how Brunson doesn’t make it. As a die hard Clones and Knicks fan I would say those 2 are pretty equal. Really depends on what type of basketball you want. If you want an elite passer you pick Hali. If you need an elite scorer you pick Brunson. Olympic team needs elite passing before elite scoring.