Tyrese got PAID

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Left game with Germany up 8 midway through 4th. Rest of the way USA goes on a 22-5 to end the game winning by 9. Tyrese I think finished with 16.
Tyrese was huge today. His scoring and play making led the comeback. Everyone just plays better when he is at PG in my opinion. Tyrese, Edwards, and Reeves all played really well today and were key in this win.

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
Tyrese was huge today. His scoring and play making led the comeback. Everyone just plays better when he is at PG in my opinion. Tyrese, Edwards, and Reeves all played really well today and were key in this win.
Windhorst made it a point in his espn article that tyrese closed out the game instead of Brunson. Found that interesting to highlight

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Tyrese is exactly what a point guard should be, imo. He is tall and has a long wingspan so makes for a prototype defender, as well. He has active hands, will get better on defense. He has exceptional court vision and understanding of the guys around him. Just so much to love about his game.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Tyrese is exactly what a point guard should be, imo. He is tall and has a long wingspan so makes for a prototype defender, as well. He has active hands, will get better on defense. He has exceptional court vision and understanding of the guys around him. Just so much to love about his game.
Your point was made by Tyrese with emphasis on his late game block and then flush on the breakout.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Your point was made by Tyrese with emphasis on his late game block and then flush on the breakout.
Exactly. He is a decent defender at the moment playing the passing lanes, but gets a little lost man to man sometimes, but they will only get better. He has all the tools to be a very good two-way player for a long time. He is still only 23 with a 3rd year all star selection on the books. I can’t wait to see where he goes. Top PG in the league for the next 8-10 years is my guess.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Exactly. He is a decent defender at the moment playing the passing lanes, but gets a little lost man to man sometimes, but they will only get better. He has all the tools to be a very good two-way player for a long time. He is still only 23 with a 3rd year all star selection on the books. I can’t wait to see where he goes. Top PG in the league for the next 8-10 years is my guess.
While he can certainly score himself, and that was needed in the USA comeback in the 3rd quarter against Germany, he is just one of those guys that makes everyone around him better by how he sees the floor and is willing to share the rock rather than just play hero ball.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Well that should help the mbb portion of We Will funding hopefully.

Reactions: CychiatricWard

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
While he can certainly score himself, and that was needed in the USA comeback in the 3rd quarter against Germany, he is just one of those guys that makes everyone around him better by how he sees the floor and is willing to share the rock rather than just play hero ball.
It's almost hard to explain. Yeah, he can pass, shoot and defend, but there's just something about the way he plays...things just look smoother and the ball doesn't stick as much. He has a knack for getting the ball to the right person at the right time. Isn't always flashy, but it works. I personally didn't think that wonky shot would translate all that well to the NBA, but it has. That's what made him an all-star and a max contract guy. If he was just a pass first PG, he'd still be a good player, but you add the 3pt shooting and all of a sudden he's one of the top 20 players in the league.

Reactions: NWICY