Tyler Gabbert

hawkeyefan21

Dec 30, 2010
He was granted release to six schools, one of them being Iowa. He was initially recruited to go to Iowa as well, not sure if I still want him.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
He was granted release to six schools, one of them being Iowa. He was initially recruited to go to Iowa as well, not sure if I still want him.
I don't think a lot of schools are gonna want him if he can't beat out a run first QB in a throw first system.

What were the other schools?

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
Nebby may go after him.

So am I the only one whose first reaction was "No way, he won't transfer within the conference"? I think I forgot about Colorado the day after they announced they were leaving but it will take a little while to remember Nebraska isn't in the conference anymore.

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
So am I the only one whose first reaction was "No way, he won't transfer within the conference"? I think I forgot about Colorado the day after they announced they were leaving but it will take a little while to remember Nebraska isn't in the conference anymore.

You're not the only one. A columnist posted his top 25 college football teams. He said the Big 12 had three teams in the top 25. I checked and saw four; Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas aTm and Nebra....oops....nevermind. It was three.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
Not a great recruit like his brother was. Plus, isn't he a shorter QB? Not like his bro who is 6'6.

more accurate and much better leader. Also has tons more "qb moxy" than Blaine did. The only reason Blaine was a first round pick was because he looks like a Pro-QB. He throws 55 times a game and managed 16 TD passes!?! That pick against Iowa should have at least kept him out of the first round.

His brother while maybe not having the overall tools his brother has, is allot better at the non-measurabels (sp).

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
more accurate and much better leader. Also has tons more "qb moxy" than Blaine did. The only reason Blaine was a first round pick was because he looks like a Pro-QB. He throws 55 times a game and managed 16 TD passes!?! That pick against Iowa should have at least kept him out of the first round.

His brother while maybe not having the overall tools his brother has, is allot better at the non-measurabels (sp).

What are you basing this off of? Blaine was a consensus top QB. His brother was a solid prospect but didn't have nearly the recruiting hype. He also has not had any chance to show these intangibles you speak of.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
According to Dave Matter Tyler Gabbert will consider Arizona, Clemson, Iowa, Louisville and Wake Forest

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
What are you basing this off of? Blaine was a consensus top QB. His brother was a solid prospect but didn't have nearly the recruiting hype. He also has not had any chance to show these intangibles you speak of.

Blaine was not a consensus Top QB which is why he fell to where he did. Tyler was a top level recruit as well, Blaine is taller but it isn't a secret he is a bit of an a**.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009

Caution to the wind....This kid was rated as a 4* recruit because of his brother! I think this transfer is more of MU showing that they made a mistake on this kid. His stats tell it all. He is a 6 ft 190lb pro-style qb. In his senior season, his completion percentage was well below 50%, less than 1000 yards passing, 8 tds 4 ints. He had a better junior season but his completion % was still below average at 55%. Look at some of the other 4* guys in his class (Blake Bell -OU, Zach Lee - LSU, Jake Heaps - BYU) they are all 3000+ yard passers, with 25-30 TD's. Crap, our recruit in his class Jared Barnett, had similar measurables with a better completion % at 60%, 2000+ yards and 20 TD's, but he was rated only a 3*. Big brother, cousin, daddy, etc in the NFL or headed to the NFL doesn't automatically mean you are a great player. Give this kid some baby milk and send him on his way. This is not a topic for the Cyclone board. Even if he could go to a Big 12 school, we don't want or need him!