Two missing girls

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
At that time I lived two blocks from the lake. Often, I ran the path around the lake. Also, nearby streets.

IIRC, the kidnapping happened during daylight. At the time it mystified me how a couple of young girls riding bikes could be snatched off the street without witnesses. It is a residential neighborhood, and also houses back up to the lake.

Now, seeing this update, it makes me think the girls knew the kidnapper(s?) and willingly went with that person(s). I had not known previously about the parents' drug problems. Someone(s) who knew girls and wanted to pressure parents?

It was an emotional down time to live right there, your mind runs in all sorts of directions. -bc

• Friendly
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I feel like this is one where the cops/parents probably have a good idea who did it, but have zero evidence to prove it.
Lyric's parents were pretty deep into the meth trade (dad is in prison for life) and they know who was responsible just absolutely no way to narrow it down to an individual other than it was someone local because you don't just stumble into the area they were found.

It's just so, so sad.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Lyric's parents were pretty deep into the meth trade (dad is in prison for life) and they know who was responsible just absolutely no way to narrow it down to an individual other than it was someone local because you don't just stumble into the area they were found.

It's just so, so sad.

7612AD18-6563-4CA5-94DD-81F2BD646AF8.jpeg
7612AD18-6563-4CA5-94DD-81F2BD646AF8.jpeg

• Dumb
Reactions: Walden4Prez

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown

It's just so, so sad.
What is the point of killing the kids for what the parents knew? To scare the parents? I'd think it would make the parents more likely to talk. Especially if they were given full immunity. I agree that it's someone local and maybe somewhat familiar with the girls but I highly doubt they were killed directly over their parents drug business. Maybe some pedo that knew the girls from buying/using drugs from the parents. I don't doubt the cops have a few suspects and the killer is one of them either. Too many people get busted and cut deals by talking for this to be drug related after 11 years imo. If you're trying to make a point by murdering someone why are you dumping the bodies in a secluded area? I guarantee you it was a sexually motivated crime.

Last edited: