Two likely bowl opponents is either Oregon in Fiesta or USC in Alamo?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Are fans allowed at the Alamo Bowl? In the end, I don't see a huge difference in prestige in the bowl or the opponent. So being that I'd like to go, give me the Alamo.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Are fans allowed at the Alamo Bowl? In the end, I don't see a huge difference in prestige in the bowl or the opponent. So being that I'd like to go, give me the Alamo.

I think a Fiesta Bowl Trophy in the case means more than an Alamo Trophy from a prestige standpoint. But I want us to be able to be there for our team's bowl win.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Even if it means no ISU fans at the Fiesta and the potential for them to be there at the Alamo?
Yep. This program is building and beating a top-10ish team in a NY6 is way more important heading into next year's preseason rankings. The fans have gone the year without attendance and it sucks. But we can suck it up and then really enjoy it next year in the CFP.

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

bradcyclone

Jan 25, 2009
I think Florida loses bad to Alabama and they will make a big drop. Iowa State will still be ahead of Florida. Will Florida still be selected for an at large Bid?

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I’d prefer a bowl that fans can actually go to. **** prestige. Get a damned trophy.
How about we win the more prestigious bowl? Plus that gargantuan Fiesta Bowl trophy definitely stands out if you want to talk trophies. There isn't a single team we could play in the NY6 that I would be afraid of. I get the fan aspect, but these kids deserve to be the first team in ISU history to play in the coveted New Year's bowls (the real ones, not the Mobile Tire Bowl that's played on like Jan. 4 or whatever it is).