Twitter

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
In a nutshell: people's entries answer the question, "What are you doing?"

I like it. It's NOT text-messaging; if that's what you're using it for, that would be incredibly inefficient. It's micro-blogging: keeping a blog (personal journal) where the entries are quite short. You can do it from anywhere- computer, phone, iPod, anything with an internet connection.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
In a nutshell: people's entries answer the question, "What are you doing?"

I like it. It's NOT text-messaging; if that's what you're using it for, that would be incredibly inefficient. It's micro-blogging: keeping a blog (personal journal) where the entries are quite short. You can do it from anywhere- computer, phone, iPod, anything with an internet connection.

Exactly. It's like Facebook status updates on a grander, more global scale. Yes, you can reply to people (like a text), but that is more the exception than the rule.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
It's yet another way for people to interact with each other without that socially awkward act of face-to-face talking.

*I say as I post on an internet message board full of complete strangers*

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I've been a tweeter for a couple months now. I use it way too often. Really like following media outlets and having links to various stories and just checking out the ones I'm interested in rather than going to each individual website.

Ames

Sep 5, 2006
I use it to follow news. It makes forums and blogs seem slow to get news. People are posting twitter messages and pictures from their phones all the time.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
It is actually very powerful now with CNN and other places using it as well. It can be a good way to find out information. I have been tweeting for about a year now, I use tweetdeck on my computer so I don't have to go to the actual website, which is nice since tweetdeck automatically updates every minute.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron