Twisters movie out in July

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Yeah but THESE tornados get harder and harder to beat like level bosses in 1987 Nintendo games.
Not many real videos of tornadoes hitting refineries and turning into firenadoes, now are there? Checkmate.

Plus these tornadoes turn into the face of the malevolent force out to get our heroes, just like the mummy’s face in the sandstorm in The Mummy (okay, not really, but I could see that happening).

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The original filmed some scenes in Iowa, you remember, including near Boone.
We were at ISU at the time, the crew for the movie stayed in Ames at the (now long gone) Silver Saddle motel on South Duff, where my wife worked for the summer as a student. The crew said Helen Hunt was a *****. When they wrapped the crew left a very generous tip for the staff to split.

ackatch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 22, 2021
Waukee
Ever been to the Twister movie site?

I have.

It was basically an old unmaintained/run down farm.

Come to think of it maybe it wasn't even the Twister site and someone just put up a sign to mess with people.
Pretty sure that's what I've read about the house site. They tried and tried to make something of it but the money wasn't there and it turned into a dump. Kind of sad actually.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
My teenage brain at the time saw Helen Hunt in the middle of several storms wearing a white tank top. Somehow she stayed dry throughout the movie thus the PG 13 rating. Bummer!

• Wow
Reactions: KidSilverhair

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Oh that definitely looks terrible. But I'll definitely be watching it. There gonna make a ton of money.
This would have been equally good/appalling with AI generated graphics, characters - everything.

The could have just done a Scooby Do movie with a wicked tornado manufactured by some heinous villian - who gets busted by those meddling kids.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Maybe they'll cram some climate change in there, too!

No, they won't come out and say it.......just plenty of " sick....insane...extreme...epic....historic" followed by "we have to do something".

And just like the original.....this will breed our next generation of nut jobs thinking they are taking a huge step for mankind running around in a car, screaming like a bunch of children at Christmas because they are filming a tornado.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
This would have been equally good/appalling with AI generated graphics, characters - everything.

The could have just done a Scooby Do movie with a wicked tornado manufactured by some heinous villian - who gets busted by those meddling kids.
Look out! Here are three side by side tornadoes created by a villain! Oh, the humanity!

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Track listing for the soundtrack. Not too thrilled about it being all country. I wish they would've asked Wolfgang Van Halen and Alex to record an instrumental. Wolfgang playing Respect The Wind as a tribute to his dad would've been cool.

Twisters soundtrack.jpg

Reactions: RLD4ISU