Entourage
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
How I Met Your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
The Office
Community
"Secret Diary of a Call Girl" is ok
Just started watching "How to Make it In America" - New HBO show
Going to start watching "Spartacus" (STARZ)
"The Buried Life" is pretty good (MTV Show - 100 things to do before they die)

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Mad Men
Dexter
TrueBlood - HAS ANYONE SAID THIS YET?!
LOST
Californication
Weeds
Entourage
How I Met Your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
The Office
Community

Nope and no one has said the Sopranos either.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I am in the middle of season 2 of Dexter. This show is freaking awesome. It is actually probably my favorite. LOST is good but the past few seasons I have kind of lost interest because of all the time travel ****. What are some of your guys favorite series?

I start Season 3 of Dexter this week. Californication was surprisingly good and very funny.

Arrrested Development is a must watch. I haven't seen the final season yet.

Rescue Me. I almost forgot about that.

Last edited:

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Best TV series of all time (drama):

Battlestart Galactica and Sopranos in a tie. Easily the two best drama series I've ever seen.

Also, I have just started watching Lost recently (in Season 3 now) and I'm really digging it also.

Dexter is good too, just don't think its quite at the level of my top two. Probably because the show has a couple characters who I absolutely can't stand.

For dramas, also Love Rome and The Wire... love me some HBO shows. First few years of Northern Exposure were really good too.

Comedies:

Seinfeld, Simpsons, South Park, Friends, Weeds, etc.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I just finished all of Battlestar Galactica - I am not a huge SciFi fan but that was a great, great show. Freaking hated the ending though.

The Wire and Rome from HBO are also good, although I'd say steer clear of the second season of Rome. It ran out of money and they had to just hurriedly end the second season (and series) and you could tell. It was really disjointed. True Blood is okay, I watched the first season and probably won't watch any more.

Looking forward to the end of Lost and I still like The Office. I love Modern Family, great new show. I rarely watch shows while they are on though, I can't stand the commericials and I hate to wait for new seasons to come out.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
They cancelled this? I don't have HBO, but I'm still working my way through the season 2 DVD.
It wasn't really canceled. HBO wanted them back but the guys just decided to end it. While I am disappointed, I am glad that they went out on top.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
It wasn't really canceled. HBO wanted them back but the guys just decided to end it. While I am disappointed, I am glad that they went out on top.

Yea, I suppose it is one of those shows that would run out of gas if it ran real long.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
I haven't read the entire thread - but I must mention It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. That show is brilliant.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I just finished all of Battlestar Galactica - I am not a huge SciFi fan but that was a great, great show. Freaking hated the ending though.

Yeah, I everyone I recommended it to or loaned it to was not a big Sci-Fi fan and they all absolutely loved it, to the point where they watched the entire series and could barely go to bed for work.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Mad Men
Dexter
TrueBlood - HAS ANYONE SAID THIS YET?!
LOST
Californication
Weeds
Entourage
How I Met Your Mother
The Big Bang Theory
The Office
Community

I've tried this one. It's weird, but somewhat interesting, especially if you like to see Lucy Lawless in the buff. A little too much...how should I word this...naked guy for my taste, though.

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
Entourage was just amazing for the first few seasons and still is my favorite. Also love How I met Your Mother, Californication, Nip/Tuck, Pawn Stars, and Eastbound and Down.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron