Tubular Bells still freaks me out

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I was listening to the radio this morning and "Tubular Bells" came on. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. That instrumental song from The Exorcist still freaks me out.

I skipped the afternoon session of the boys' state basketball tournament to see The Exorcist when it first came out. I was a sophomore. Talk about scarring someone for life. :wink:

I refused to go with a buddy of mine to see The Exorcisim of Emily Rose.

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I saw that movie when I was about 7 or 8. I slept in 30 minute increments for about a year.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I agree. It's just the association of hearing it and The Exorcist that freaks me out.

Even if you had never seen The Exorcist, I think Tubular Bells would still have a certain creepy factor to it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I saw that movie when I was about 7 or 8. I slept in 30 minute increments for about a year.

I had that from Poltergeist. That short lady that would always say Carrrrrrrrrol Annnnnnnnn. Eww, super creepy.

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
In stead of parking in the machine shed 100 yards from the house like normal I parked on the lawn 2 steps from the front door. Then I went upstairs to bed and imagined my younger brother in the bed next to mine flopping up and down. And to this day tubular bells still freaks me out.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I was listening to the radio this morning and "Tubular Bells" came on. The hair on the back of my neck stood up. That instrumental song from The Exorcist still freaks me out.

I skipped the afternoon session of the boys' state basketball tournament to see The Exorcist when it first came out. I was a sophomore. Talk about scarring someone for life. :wink:

I refused to go with a buddy of mine to see The Exorcisim of Emily Rose.

I was never that freaked out by the The Exorcist. I think my problem was that I had seen so many clips from it so many times that when I finally saw it (only a few years ago) I was left expecting something more.

Now, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, on the other hand, did freak me out big time. I saw it in the theater and then watched it again about a year ago and both times I couldn't shake that "someone-in-the-room-with-you" feeling for days.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Does anybody know the name of the song often heard during NFL films.. it sounds like an overwhelming melee of low frequency tower bells. Might not even be a song.