TTU @ TCU - ESPN Thursday Night

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Well, sure, but does your bowl change with 8 wins and a bad loss, vs 8 wins and no bad losses? I think not.

So far, ISU has left two very winnable games on the table. Leaving winnable games on the table is never really good, but I think it will be the end of the season before we know if they were "bad" losses.

As far as ISU goes, I don't think the issue is so much what bowl you are going to, but rather how many wins you end up with. Moving the program forward and maintaining that momentum require good recruiting classes, and good recruiting depends on how the potential recruits preceive the program.

If ISU misses a bowl, I think the Iowa and TCU losses become "bad" losses. If ISU ends up at 6-6, I think they are borderline "bad" losses because the recruit perception of a 7-5 then 8-4 program would be significantly better than the perception of a 7-5 then 6-6 program...

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
TxT fans didn't get KK fired for the rest of the conference. They are way better now and probably their coach is secure going forward. A bit like Bruce Weber's case down here.
Not really. Tech under KK isn’t very impressive. Can’t make a bowl half the years and when they do it’s a bowl in Dallas Texas usually. Tech hasn’t been to the level Mike Leach had them at at all.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
They just beat TCU in FW, something the Ames media darling couldn't do. I believe KK is making progress down there.

Last night's outcome was more about TCU than Tech, they have every chance to win and couldn't. I'll go out on a limb and say that KK never wins a game again at Tech when only scoring 17 points.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Biggest difference between ISU and TTU playing TCU is that the ISU OL was really struggling in that game. The strip for the TD was the difference in the game. Also, Robinson has played a couple more games, so the TTU DC have the advantage of seeing how to stop their talented but somewhat limited young QB.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
They just beat TCU in FW, something the Ames media darling couldn't do. I believe KK is making progress down there.
Great, that’s 1 win against an average team who’s offense literally self imploded all game. Wake me up when they do something a little more noteworthy than that.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
He clearly has a hidden bitterness about Iowa State. Maybe he is tired of all the basketball spankings up until last year.

139-87 K-State overall. But yeah, 6-4 ISU over the last 10. o_O

And to suggest the media doesn't like and write favorably about Matt Campbell (and rightly so) is just silly.

Last edited:

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I'll admit that I watch about ten plays go away for 15 minutes, come back watch 10 more, but god that game was fugly.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
139-87 K-State overall. But yeah, 6-4 ISU over the last 10. o_O

And to suggest the media doesn't like and write favorably about Matt Campbell (and rightly so) is just silly.

Because Campbell is a young, bright coach? You just sound extremely bitter.

Maybe tell your Hero to retire so your football program can move forward.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored