Tsalmpouris not coming back

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Good. He obviously didn't want to be here so it's best for all parties for this to be resolved.

Settle down. His head coach (Hoiberg), lead recruiter (Abdelmassih) and likely closest friend (Custer) are all gone and he was just home for the summer. Add those four things plus a professional career and it makes sense why he chose not to come back.

BeachAve

Apr 22, 2014
Wow there are a few ignorant comments in here. Don't slam the kid for picking what he feels is best for him. If you don't think he worked hard while he is here, you're an idiot. Best of luck to Georgios!
I loved the kid but it appears he left us hanging for months. I don't live in a consequence- free world like some people. in the working world you're asked to not come back

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Sorry to see GT isn't coming back to Ames, I still think he could have contributed a year from now. He had talent and most Bigs take a while to develop and contribute (not to mention no minutes being available.

Still the writing was on the wall for GT to stay in Europe two main reason for originally committing to ISU was CFH and Matt A, both are gone and he'll get 6 figures to play. The fact that S. Carter committed most likely took away the few sparing minutes that were available too.

Turning the page, looking for the next transfer to fill the last Scholly, time to get Gill-Ceaser on campus. Major talent and would fit quite nicely with next years team.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This guys was probably never playing here, especially when Carter was signed. I can't blame him for not wanting to ride the bench for 3 more years.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Hes was never coming back. That's why prohm signed him.

I agree that GT was always assumed to not be back, but we would have signed Carter regardless. Tsalboris was never going to give you what you need in the low post.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I loved the kid but it appears he left us hanging for months. I don't live in a consequence- free world like some people. in the working world you're asked to not come back

How did he leave us hanging? Everything we did this off season was in assumption he wouldn't be back.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

That's a world filled with absolutes that doesn't exist. If they've invested in you and see some valuable potential, there's a lot of leeway offered in a lot of situations.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER

Thats because there are thousands of whatever you are and you are replaceable. Athletic talent is rare and is why athletes play by a different set of rules. I HATE when people try and make their 9-5 compare to athletes.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I don't think him being in limbo affected anything Prohm did. If Prohm would have found a really good player he would have made the decision for him. There was no ill will and good for the kid.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Settle down. His head coach (Hoiberg), lead recruiter (Abdelmassih) and likely closest friend (Custer) are all gone and he was just home for the summer. Add those four things plus a professional career and it makes sense why he chose not to come back.
Settle down? That couldn't be any more subdued.

You posted pretty much the same thing. I doubt IcSyU is unknowing of why Tsalmpouris no longer wants to be here.

The only people that need to settle down are those that would take offense by a post saying it is a good move for both parties.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Don't assume that just because the tweet just came out that Prohm didn't know a long time ago.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Thats because there are thousands of whatever you are and you are replaceable. Athletic talent is rare and is why athletes play by a different set of rules. I HATE when people try and make their 9-5 compare to athletes.

The vast majority of athletes are completely replaceable, just like any field. Look at guys at the bottom of the rosters in the NBA like Ejim, Babb and Garrett, there's always somebody else, somebody younger ready to step in and replace them. Elite guys are a different story, but the same is true in any profession. Tsalmpouris is definitely replaceable.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
It's gonna be real tough to replace the 11 points that he scored last year.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
The vast majority of athletes are completely replaceable, just like any field. Look at guys at the bottom of the rosters in the NBA like Ejim, Babb and Garrett, there's always somebody else, somebody younger ready to step in and replace them. Elite guys are a different story, but the same is true in any profession. Tsalmpouris is definitely replaceable.

That replaceable pool is much, much smaller than most peoples. Those guys (Ejim, Babb and Garrett) are still in the top 1% of people at their profession. This isn't who is replacing most everyday Joe Engineer in a Dri-Fit polo.

And yes the giant greek kid (can't spell his name, to lazy to look it up) can be replaced, but it isn't like they are walking into a lecture hall and having tryouts. His replacement will come from somebody in the top 5-10% of people who play basketball.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Great news. Now we have a scholarship available for a mid year transfer. That kid would have never played at ISU. I'm guessing he would have been behind both Carter and Ernst next year. He's not quick enough to play high lol D1 ball and he would have just sucked a scholarship for 3 more years.

As much as it sucks to say, but this completely.

Help Support Us

Become a patron