Trisha Nesbitt headed to Iowa

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
She is NOT Big XII player, PERIOD!
We did not offer!

Yackley, Mossman, Flo and Williams haven't exactly lit up the B12 either.

Although comparisons are difficult, I agree with those who thought she looked quicker and more confidant as a ball handler than several on schloarship at ISU.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
There's also a huge difference between high school and the Big 12...

Mosman was the 2006 Miss Iowa Basketball

Florzak was a McDonald's All-American nominee

Williams was a two-time national home-school tournament MVP (which is impressive considering the team they beat both years had a Tennessee recruit)

Yackley was SD Gatorade POY, Miss SD Basketball, and a McDonald's AA nominee

Mosman and Florzak got caught in a numbers game more than anything. Williams and Yackley will be big contributers next year. It's easy for the four of them to not see much playing time when we have Ezell, Bolte, Lacey, and Stuckey as well as so many post players that we almost never went 4-guard.

Someone who saw Linn-Mar's Jamie Printy go a combined 4-27 in two tournament games might not think she's all that great, but anyone who's had a chance to see her multiple times in high school and AAU can see that she is a high-major talent.

Nesbitt is local. The ISU coaching staff has probably seen her play HS and AAU more times than they can count. Iowa was her only high-major offer. She might turn out to be a great player and I wish her well, but I'm not going to lose sleep over her.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
There's also a huge difference between high school and the Big 12...

Mosman was the 2006 Miss Iowa Basketball

Florzak was a McDonald's All-American nominee

Williams was a two-time national home-school tournament MVP (which is impressive considering the team they beat both years had a Tennessee recruit)

Yackley was SD Gatorade POY, Miss SD Basketball, and a McDonald's AA nominee

Mosman and Florzak got caught in a numbers game more than anything. Williams and Yackley will be big contributers next year. It's easy for the four of them to not see much playing time when we have Ezell, Bolte, Lacey, and Stuckey as well as so many post players that we almost never went 4-guard.

Someone who saw Linn-Mar's Jamie Printy go a combined 4-27 in two tournament games might not think she's all that great, but anyone who's had a chance to see her multiple times in high school and AAU can see that she is a high-major talent.

Nesbitt is local. The ISU coaching staff has probably seen her play HS and AAU more times than they can count. Iowa was her only high-major offer. She might turn out to be a great player and I wish her well, but I'm not going to lose sleep over her.

I agree, and feel the only reason people are caring and trying to justify her abilities is because she dates Barnes, which is not fair to her. The ISU WBB knows what they need and are looking for, and I trust their judgment.

kuhlman41

Dec 16, 2008
I thought I read on the Iowa board that she is almost like a grayshirt in football. I don't think she will be on scholarship her first year. I could be way off but I think the Hawks have four ladies coming in in this year with two of them being top 100 players. I know one of them is a pretty highly rated point gaurd out of Minnesota and the other is the Printy girl from Linn Mar. Again, I could be way off, because I don't follow the women's game real closely.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I agree, and feel the only reason people are caring and trying to justify her abilities is because she dates Barnes, which is not fair to her. The ISU WBB knows what they need and are looking for, and I trust their judgment.

Every program has their hits and misses over the years; ISU is no different. I would certainly rank Nesbitt's abilities ahead of Clarie Rockall's...

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
If she were my girlfriend (my wife wouldn't be happy - but that is beside the point) I would not want her to go there considering the past trouble between female and male atheletes.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest

Clone4Life

Jun 5, 2007
Polk City, IA
Don't know much about Greenfield....I would like to see some athleticism and some bigger posts on the team. (Prins and Zimmerman should help there, don't know much about Poppens.)

This article says Greenfield is going to ISU:

Iowa High School Sports Examiner: Ballard bombs Bishop Heelan in Class 3A title game

I think you misread the article...the author was only talking about Zimmerman going to ISU. I do hope that Greenfield does too though. I've heard people say she was arguably the best player on the team. Watching the championship game, she is definitly a studd.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I think you misread the article...the author was only talking about Zimmerman going to ISU. I do hope that Greenfield does too though. I've heard people say she was arguably the best player on the team. Watching the championship game, she is definitly a studd.

Yes, Greenfield is a soph and already has all the big programs (UConn, UNC, Stanford, etc.) interested. She would be Fennelly's biggest national recruit ever. It helps that she is eight miles away...

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Yes, Greenfield is a soph and already has all the big programs (UConn, UNC, Stanford, etc.) interested. She would be Fennelly's biggest national recruit ever. It helps that she is eight miles away...

I saw on scout she took or is taken a visit to Duke too.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
Anyone who thinks Harrison Barnes is going to make a decision on where to play college basketball based on where his girlfriend goes is out of their mind. I understand that teenagers are emotional, but this kid can go anywhere in the country. And besides, it's not like he won't have groupies hanging on him wherever he goes...

Help Support Us

Become a patron