Trevor Lawrence Tests Positive for Covid-19

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I still think Clemson covers, and I have no idea what the point spread is.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So even if he is clears to play vs ND, he can't practice with the team until late next week, right? That will be a tough spot to put him in

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
With the current trending of this virus.... this season may not ever be able to finish. And college basketball could be in serious doubt as well. Players will be contracting this thing all over the country pretty rapidly.

I’ve said since April that I didn’t think basketball would happen this winter and I stick to that belief. They simply had to make football work at all costs, but basketball doesn’t have the same financial necessity - or at least pales in comparison - so is a much easier call in my opinion. Yes, it will have a big impact many places, but it’s a much different discussion.

Not to mention constant close proximity with heavy breathing on each other indoors is harder to sell than outdoors with quick short bursts of proximity.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
So even if he is clears to play vs ND, he can't practice with the team until late next week, right? That will be a tough spot to put him in

He’s been there 3 years, as long as he doesn’t have symptoms that causes breathing problems, I don’t think only having a day of prep is going to have that big of an impact. If he was a freshman or new to the program, I could see that more so.

• Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
his freshman backup is probably more talented knowing Clemson. I just hope they can play Notre Dame.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
False positive and false negatives are very real. Father in Law was sick, went in, tested negative, got worse, went back, this time positive.
I tested.negative back in August but am convinced I had it, who gets the flu that early in fall?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I tested.negative back in August but am convinced I had it, who gets the flu that early in fall?

I was really sick in late March for 2 days, and I had worked with a tax client that I am pretty sure had it, but that was when only NYers could get a test. They were testing for antibodies and T cells if you gave blood a while ago. Might be worth doing if they are still doing that.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I’ve said since April that I didn’t think basketball would happen this winter and I stick to that belief. They simply had to make football work at all costs, but basketball doesn’t have the same financial necessity - or at least pales in comparison - so is a much easier call in my opinion. Yes, it will have a big impact many places, but it’s a much different discussion.

Not to mention constant close proximity with heavy breathing on each other indoors is harder to sell than outdoors with quick short bursts of proximity.
While the football had to work for the Power 5, not having basketball will significantly hurt the NCAA (their main source of income) along with the Power 6 conference, the Big East. It will also hurt the remaining Div 1 teams where the payout from the NCAA is huge. Trust me, they will try to make basketball work...fans or not.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
I was really sick in late March for 2 days, and I had worked with a tax client that I am pretty sure had it, but that was when only NYers could get a test. They were testing for antibodies and T cells if you gave blood a while ago. Might be worth doing if they are still doing that.
Antibodies have been pretty negative, something like 4% of folks in Wuhan being fine, I'm waiting for a real vaccine.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Has Trevor Lawrence said anything about how he might have gotten it?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

T-Cells? I didn't think we were there yet...way more expensive and complicated.

And AB tests don't pick up low levels after a certain time so show up negative.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
In looking up the backup I stumbled on this write up of him coming out of high school:

Big, strong armed quarterback with generational arm strength. Has a big frame but looks lean and is well put together. Has one of the strongest arms in recent memory and has won ‘long ball’ contests with a throw of 80+ yards. Is much more than a big arm. Shows great touch, accuracy to all three levels of the field and greet natural feel for throwing the football. Understands when to take a little off, throws with anticipation and is a plus athlete as well. Has the ability to run zone read and is a very good runner in the open field. Can buy time and is accurate throwing down the field rolling out to his right or his left. Natural leader and a great teammate who is also a potential high round draft pick in Major League Baseball. Can still improve going through progressions and finding secondary receivers as well as escaping pressure. Upside is off the charts. Projects as a impact upper tier Power 5 starter and future early NFL draft pick.

Looks like they will be ok.