Trevon Young

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
This article has since been edited, but it originally included a direct quote from Trevon that said if Strong leaves for Texas, he would "probably" switch to Iowa. The article also said his mother said they talked to the Louisville AD and Trevon would be released from his scholarship. Again, this used to be in the article but has since been redacted.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014301040087

“I would probably stay committed, but I would probably try to branch out and see some other schools,” he said. “But I would try to stay committed to the new coach.”

That's false.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
“I would probably stay committed, but I would probably try to branch out and see some other schools,” he said. “But I would try to stay committed to the new coach.”

That's false.

Can you read? The article has been edited, moron. The above quote was in the article until the author edited it a few hours later.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009

That's false.

During uncertainty over Charlie Strong, updates on Trevon Young, Reggie Bonnafon, Nilijah Ballew, George Rushing, L.J. Scott, Poona Ford, Kavaris Harkless, Isaiah Ford | Recruiting

No, it's true.

If Strong is hired by the Longhorns, Young said there’s “definitely a possibility” he might head straight back home to Des Moines after consulting with his family. Young said it’s likely he’ll end up at the University of Iowa, where he was verbally committed as a high school senior, if he doesn’t stick with the Cardinals.

Young said Jurich told his mother he was sympathetic to the uncertainty the family was feeling. Young believes U of L will grant him a release from his letter of intent if he chooses to seek one.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't want to see this kid in an Iowa uniform.

Wasn't he originally committed to ISU, then switched to Iowa, then got in trouble and went JUCO?

NEIACyclone

Oct 25, 2012
Might not be a bad time to announce our staff changrs , have heard they may be coming as early as tomorrow, could be a good wave of momentum to bring isu some attention and possibly sway young, mister etc...one can hope!

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
235 lb DE?? Is that high school weight? Seems a liitle on the light end...

weight, smeight... I just watched a 235lb LB with KC make the Pro Bowl this year. So anyway. I remember the Seahawks drafting a West Virginia pass rusher a couple years ago whos name escapes me that was only about 230 lbs maybe. He dominates. If you can play, you can play.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
weight, smeight... I just watched a 235lb LB with KC make the Pro Bowl this year. So anyway. I remember the Seahawks drafting a West Virginia pass rusher a couple years ago whos name escapes me that was only about 230 lbs maybe. He dominates. If you can play, you can play.
Irvin. He is 250.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
I don't want to see this kid in an Iowa uniform.

Wasn't he originally committed to ISU, then switched to Iowa, then got in trouble and went JUCO?

No, he was never committed to ISU. Did get in trouble though, Iowa pulled the schollie, and everyone else that was interested passed on him, so he went JUCO.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
Might not be a bad time to announce our staff changrs , have heard they may be coming as early as tomorrow, could be a good wave of momentum to bring isu some attention and possibly sway young, mister etc...one can hope!

From everything I've heard the ISU visit was just to make his mom happy because she wants him to stay around the state.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Would LOVE a guy like Clint Hurtt on our staff, just an amazing coach from all accounts.

Help Support Us

Become a patron