Transformers was AWESOME!!!!

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Actually I watched the first 10 episodes just last week to get myself in the zone for the movie. :nerd6bs:

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Actually I watched the first 10 episodes just last week to get myself in the zone for the movie. :nerd6bs:

Oooooooookaaaaaaaaayyy.

Actually, if I had them I probably would have done the same thing.
The only other thing that kinda bugged me was the whole GMC commercial.
I know every movie has product placement, but this was ridiculous. Sure, it's kinda hard to disguise what type of vehicle they are, but do we really need to see them going to a dealership? That was a little bothersome.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
They didnt go to a GM dealership did they? They drove by Porsche and then a used car lot. Bernie Mac made me laugh so hard interacting with his Mammy.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Oh, yes. Too much Id say of that. I hate product placement. Did you noticed that when Sam had the cube and accidently activated it, that an Xbox 360 in box, started turning into a transformer. Good lord.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
How about the Mountain Dew machine.

They should have had a Pepsi machine and a Coke machine come alive and then just start beating the tar out of each other.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I hate all of the commercials before movies as well. Did you hear that Fergie will be doing product placement for her Candies line of shoes in her new album? Stupid. I guess thats a new trend now. To sing about products and make money doing it.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I went to see the 10 pm movie. I looked at my watch when the movie started and it was 10:19 pm. Ridiculous that there are 20 minutes of commericals and previews. Previews I don't mind. In fact, I'd say that I look forward to those. The commercials are just out of hand.

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I was not planning on seeing this movie when the summer movie season began, however it was by far the best movie I have seen this summer.

Pirates of the Carribean totally missed the mark, it was horrible
Spiderman was boring
Didn't want to see Shrek 2
Fantastic 4 was ok, but still better than the first one

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
No desire to see FF2. The first one was terrible and Galactus is a giant cloud. Sorry, not going to spend my money to see it.

Spiderman 3 was the worst of the three. It could have been cool. Venom is such a great character and they wasted him.

Pirates 2 blew, so I'm not spening my money to see Pirates 3. I might rent it, but that will be about it.

Shrek 3? Don't have kids. I might get it when my nephews visit. I won't go out of my way.

I would like to go see Ratatouille though. I've heard nothing but good things.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I went to see the 10 pm movie. I looked at my watch when the movie started and it was 10:19 pm. Ridiculous that there are 20 minutes of commericals and previews. Previews I don't mind. In fact, I'd say that I look forward to those. The commercials are just out of hand.

And ticket prices continue to rise, you get 20 min of commercials, and then the theaters wonder why no one is going anymore.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Is it sad that when I drove home that I wished my car was a robot in disguise?

Sigh. :no6xn:

Well, it was a typical Michael Bay film. I had to laugh most of the way through it because after seeing Team America several times, it's sad how formulaic it all was. But still, if you're a fan of Transformers, you would love this movie, despite all the Bay stink that's smattered all over the film.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Cloverfield trailer just before the movie? Oh. My. God. WOW.