Transfer Portal in wrestling

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Maybe you're being sarcastic but I just described why in my post above. Don't think that I'm not wanting (or expecting) our program to continue to jump levels... I never said that. I just think it's going to be done primarily by the recruits that the coaches have brought in and the development of our guys and continue to recruit guys that produce like Carr, Degen, Parker, Gremmel etc.
I was absolutely not being sarcastic but I think we are some page here. I look at the transfer market as another avenue to take it to the next level if done correctly. I am not saying we should rely on it as a the primary means of our success but it absolutely needs to be an option on the table at all times. Obviously it's always on the table for the elite programs. Brands brought in Eierman bumping the super-legacy Happel out of the line-up. Sanderson brought in Dean from rival Cornell this year. Eat or be eaten.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Why? I don't find fan criticism of players an issue. They're adults and choosing to put themselves out there. Now, I believe there are boundaries and things need to stay respectful at all times but I do not see what was said as "extremely critical". On another note, are you saying that the only reason Gomez is leaving is because he cannot Parker and his health issues don't exist anymore? Wasn't his health the reason he "retired" four months ago?
Woah woah woah. I am saying that his health is extremely critical and from how it sounds the ISU training staff wouldn’t medically clear him to strap it up. If that’s true then I genuinely hope he’s actually healthy enough to compete. That’s the point that I believe that hasn’t been answered. I don’t care if he’s a kid or adult or what. He seems like a great kid by all accounts and I would hate to see him screw up his future beyond wrestling. If he is actually healthy, I’ll be watching for his name in brackets and hope he does well. (Unless it’s in a black and yellow singlet, that will be difficult)

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
Seeing Wick to Penn State - announcement tomorrow.
I stopped caring when he stopped thinking about ISU, but last I was told it was cal poly because of Azevedo and the rtc. So I am sticking with that.

Was also told he’s more into freestyle right now than folk, and there is nothing wrong with that

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I stopped caring when he stopped thinking about ISU, but last I was told it was cal poly because of Azevedo and the rtc. So I am sticking with that.

Was also told he’s more into freestyle right now than folk, and there is nothing wrong with that
Am going to have to go with you- Penn State source I follow is recanting

Reactions: Tigerguy_

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I don't always believe Mineo but could be right here- my Penn State guy was pretty sure about this early yesterday, he has good sources inside the program and changed his outlook last night