Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm pretty sure wild card teams are playing teams that aren't wildcard teams in the wild card games in both the NFL and MLB playoff format. If they are just playing another wild card team - like a MLB game 163 - that isn't part of the playoffs but rather a play in game and not a playoff victory.
You’re right. There’s actually play in games in the NBA now

maciues

Nov 20, 2013
When you fill out a bracket for an NCAA tournament pool, have you ever had to pick the play in game? If you picked wrong, did that count against you if the other play in team won in the first couple rounds? I have never seen a bracket pool run that way.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
When you fill out a bracket for an NCAA tournament pool, have you ever had to pick the play in game? If you picked wrong, did that count against you if the other play in team won in the first couple rounds? I have never seen a bracket pool run that way.
No. Those games don’t count against you. Good catch and should end this debate

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I don’t mind the First Four all that much - it’s kind of a fun early kickoff for the first weekend of March Madness - but I do think personally it should be play-in games between 16-seed-level teams. It just seems weird to have 11 or 12 seeds playing in those games.
I could go either way on it being the last at large teams or the worst of the 16 seeds, I would lean on it being the at large teams just cause I don't think teams that win their conference tourney should be punished with a play-in game...

BUT, I think it's really weird to have it be a mix of the games. Pick one and hype it up as an at large play in or a Cinderella play in

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
It's ALWAYS been called "the play in game"...
For at least a year or 2 didn't the NCAA call it the first round and the Thursday/Friday games were the second round? It was stupid and confusing, and they changed it back so Thursday/Friday is the first round again.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron