Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Who's saying Iowa is more athletic? They clearly aren't that athletic of a team. As you mentioned it's pretty much the same cast as last season it's just that some of Iowa's more athletic guys are getting more PT now.
Pretty much the same cast as last season?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I mean I get the frustration by Iowa fans, that wasn't called all game but to say that it wasn't a foul is also silly.
I'm actually with Iowa fans in that it was a terrible terrible call. Situational awareness on that call was bad. Keegan bellied him up and had his arm on him for half a second. Yes those calls do happen a lot and technically by the book it's a foul, but I'd have thrown myself through the TV if we'd have gotten that same call lol

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
LOL I apologize for going overboard. I'm not Twins though I promise. That'd take insane skill to be able to reply to his messages, post / reply at the same time, and write in a completely different style.
TBH it doesn't take insane skill, IowaLoud (who's banned and reading this now) ran multiple alts at the same time.

Reactions: BCClone

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Rebraca is a slow lumbering guy? He is white, that part is true.
Is he not? I don't see him do much when I watch Iowa games except stand under the basket. I guess he had a pretty nice dunk vs us earlier in the year. Maybe a notch above Garza athletically then.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm actually with Iowa fans in that it was a terrible terrible call. Situational awareness on that call was bad. Keegan bellied him up and had his arm on him for half a second. Yes those calls do happen a lot and technically by the book it's a foul, but I'd have thrown myself through the TV if we'd have gotten that same call lol

Yeah I said the same thing earlier in the thread. If that isn't a foul all game that's not the time to call it. Like last night, Gabe picked up his 5th on a very similar call but the game had been called that way all night so it was tough to be pissed about it.

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
TBH it doesn't take insane skill, IowaLoud (who's banned and reading this now) ran multiple alts at the same time.
I honestly think that's insane. I'm just not the type of person to run multiple accounts. Made this thing to rant about ISU basketball in 2018-2019 and then got hooked to arguing Iowa State-Iowa because it's my favorite thing to do with my friends lol.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Is he not? I don't see him do much when I watch Iowa games except stand under the basket. I guess he had a pretty nice dunk vs us earlier in the year. Maybe a notch above Garza athletically then.

I think he is athletic. He does a good job when he is switched on a smaller player.

If anything what hurts him that he is a little too skinny. He gets pushed around some. Needed more bulk to play the bigs in a P5 conference every night. Having said that, not sure where we would be without him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I honestly think that's insane. I'm just not the type of person to run multiple accounts. Made this thing to rant about ISU basketball in 2018-2019 and then got hooked to arguing Iowa State-Iowa because it's my favorite thing to do with my friends lol.
Arguing is all good. I know I do but I'm not afraid to say when Iowa's got a good team. I said extremely early last year I thought Iowa was a Rose Bowl caliber team, and I wasn't too far off that. I think this Iowa bball team is tournament worthy, it's a prototypical Fran team where you know will win 23 games, duck out in the second game of the B1G tourney, and second game of NCAA tourney.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Rebraca is a slow lumbering guy? He is white, that part is true.
Rebraca is actually more athletic than I expected. He has a number of relatively athletic dunks with a big right hand. That's not his problem

The problem is he has the body of a stretch 4, but he isn't a 3 point shooter and he plays smaller than his 6'7 height with no additional wingspan and a modest frame who provides little to no physicality on the block, especially on defense and on the boards. He's a little better offensively in that regard, but that's not saying much because physically he just doesn't have the tools.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think the only difference between the two conferences is that the SEC has more teams and a couple are not good. If the Big 12 had 4 more teams, there's a good chance one or two would be bad as well.

Well the B12 is adding 4 more teams Houston is a very good team likely contender, Cinci and BYU are tourney team quality while UCF hasn't had success but their recruiting area and Big 12 exposure/money has potential. B12 won't have fall off in basketball quality in my opinion.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Rebraca is actually more athletic than I expected. He has a number of relatively athletic dunks with a big right hand. That's not his problem

The problem is he has the body of a stretch 4, but he isn't a 3 point shooter and he plays smaller than his 6'7 height with no additional wingspan and a modest frame who provides little to no physicality on the block, especially on defense and on the boards. He's a little better offensively in that regard, but that's not saying much because physically he just doesn't have the tools.
He's a, I don't want to say crappy, I'll say 2/3rds Kriener.

Reactions: RezClone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Arguing is all good. I know I do but I'm not afraid to say when Iowa's got a good team. I said extremely early last year I thought Iowa was a Rose Bowl caliber team, and I wasn't too far off that. I think this Iowa bball team is tournament worthy, it's a prototypical Fran team where you know will win 23 games, duck out in the second game of the B1G tourney, and second game of NCAA tourney.
I hate Iowa but also am not afraid to tell it like it is. I think Iowa is a solid team, yet I sort of negated that by saying they'd suck in the Big 12 and SEC lol. But yes, Iowa will likely make the tournament. I was way off in both of my predictions this year though as I said Iowa and Iowa State were both going to be poor. I think I had Iowa State winning 15 games and Iowa winning 13-14 er something. Glad I was wrong!

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
If you're a top 10 offense team, you're probably pretty athletic.
Are you disagreeing with your fellow ISU fans who have been saying the whole time that Iowa isn't athletic? I like you as a poster so just trying to make sure I understand your position. Iowa has been a top offensive team for years under Fran but they've never struck me as particularly athletic.

• Agree

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If you're a top 10 offense team, you're probably pretty athletic.

Iowa is athletic in space but not when teams take them out of their comfort level. I can't get over the number of teams that allow Murray to get to the rim with ease. Pack it in like we did and force Iowa to shoot long two's and threes. That is going to work most nights.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I think he is athletic. He does a good job when he is switched on a smaller player.

If anything what hurts him that he is a little too skinny. He gets pushed around some. Needed more bulk to play the bigs in a P5 conference every night. Having said that, not sure where we would be without him.
I think it's same with Patrick too. Some say he's not athletic but I disagree with that too. His problem is also strength.

• Agree

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I hate Iowa but also am not afraid to tell it like it is. I think Iowa is a solid team, yet I sort of negated that by saying they'd suck in the Big 12 and SEC lol. But yes, Iowa will likely make the tournament. I was way off in both of my predictions this year though as I said Iowa and Iowa State were both going to be poor. I think I had Iowa State winning 15 games and Iowa winning 13-14 er something. Glad I was wrong!
I had Iowa winning more than ISU this year. I did not think that Connor could be close to this bad though. Murray's have picked up the slack.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Isn't he in foul trouble quite a bit?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Are you disagreeing with your fellow ISU fans who have been saying the whole time that Iowa isn't athletic? I like you as a poster so just trying to make sure I understand your position. Iowa has been a top offensive team for years under Fran but they've never struck me as particularly athletic.
Iowa's scheme is to get the ball down the floor as quickly as possible and post up a good back to the basket guy, while surrounding the perimeter with shooters. It's been highly effective under Fran. Iowa's forwards have always been pretty athletic, but their 1-3's have been where the drop off has been.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron