Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If you need the auto bid.

I know that reality check of the Prohm era probably hit you right in the gut.
Iowa State went from an 8 seed to a 6 seed by winning the Big 12 (yes I know they lost as a 6 seed). Fran is a head coach in his 60s and never gotten a 6 seed lol

• Informative
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa State went from an 8 seed to a 6 seed by winning the Big 12 (yes I know they lost as a 6 seed). Fran is a head coach in his 60s and never gotten a 6 seed lol
Really? Hasn't he been a HC for like 25 years?

STCoach

Sep 16, 2020

These are your picks for best win of the Prohm era:

1- A win over ALR with Fred's roster

2- A win that improved your seeding maybe 1 line in the NCAA tournament, which you then lost in during the first round, in a year following a 13 win season and preceded a 12 win season.

Kritscd

Nov 26, 2015
You said only Kansas was unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say
I don't remember who posted it earlier, but they basically said MSU is the contender every year in the Big Ten ( true) for a title, much like KU is in the Big 12. (Also true). Obviously things change year to year. Tech was in the ship in 19, Baylor obviously could be there this year. Much like Michigan in 18 and Wisconsin in 15.

Reactions: CyTwins

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

2- A win that improved your seeding maybe 1 line in the NCAA tournament, which you then lost in during the first round, in a year following a 13 win season and preceded a 12 win season.
If you think the opponent matters to go to the Sweet 16, then that's a you problem.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Winning a conference tournament title is a big deal. It's bigger than anything Fran has ever done in his career at Iowa

• Winner
Reactions: Cytown12

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
To ISU fans it sure is.

Ask Kansas fans how they feel about the conference tournament.
It's bigger than anything Fran has ever done in his career at Iowa. Like not even debatable. You just said one of Fran's two biggest wins was a win at Ohio State which was led by a Lickliter recruit and Iowa didn't even make the tourney that year lol

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't know about everyone else's experiences but if KU is in your side of the bracket in KC your tickets get a lot more expensive if you are scalping or selling.
IF ISU and KU are both in the same session, the ticket prices are well beyond what you think they should cost.

Reactions: Cytown12

STCoach

Sep 16, 2020
It's bigger than anything Fran has ever done in his career at Iowa. Like not even debatable. You just said one of Fran's two biggest wins was a win at Ohio State which was led by a Lickliter recruit and Iowa didn't even make the tourney that year lol

One win against ALR with a roster built by Fred doesnt give Prohm the edge.

What else do you have?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
One win against ALR with a roster built by Fred doesnt give Prohm the edge.

What else do you have?
Winning a major conference tourney and getting a 6 seed is literally better than anything your coach who is in his 60s has done IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER.

Lol nobody is pumping up Prohm here but Fran at his age is the least accomplished major conference coach in CBB

• Agree
Reactions: Rural