Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If Luka was black would Iowa fans even care about his decision? They seem to only come here to defend the white basketball players so it's an honest question

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
C'mon. D-
I'm serious. Look at the players most defended by Iowa fans on here over the years. Uthoff, Aaron White, Woodbury, Gesell, "White Magic's" two kids, Bohannon, etc while they routinely call our black basketball players "thugs"

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm serious. Look at the players most defended by Iowa fans on here over the years. Uthoff, Woodbury, Gesell, "White Magic's" two kids, Bohannon, etc while they routinely call our black basketball players "thugs"
Yeah there's no debating that fact.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I'm serious. Look at the players most defended by Iowa fans on here over the years. Uthoff, Aaron White, Woodbury, Gesell, "White Magic's" two kids, Bohannon, etc while they routinely call our black basketball players "thugs"

You know the common thread in all the guys you listed?

They grossly overrated every single one of them.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
You can make BANK over seas. People don't realize that. Far more money than you can make playing as an end of the bench guy in the NBA.
Wasn't Matt Thomas right around $1 million per year in Spain? Then take that amount and have Daddy invest it and you could end up with a good $200k.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Wasn't Matt Thomas right around $1 million per year in Spain? Then take that amount and have Daddy invest it and you could end up with a good $200k.
giphy.gif

Reactions: CyTwins

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

More like have Daddy invest it and end up owing people hundreds of thousands of dollars and going to prison for it.

Reactions: JP4CY

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I still believe Garza will return to Iowa. I will never disagree with a player deciding to go professional there is a small time frame for a pro career and set up their future earnings.

Tyrese and Garza are in different categories though there isn't any real way TH can improve his stock over being a top 10 pick where as Garza is unlikely to be drafted. Garza needs to be at peace with being rich overseas to take the risk now with an outside chance of a 2 way contract.

I do see an argument Luka's stock is peak regardless. Not having individual workouts and the NBA combine where he's going up against more NBA prototype prospects helps his case. I don't think those workouts will be kind to him next year. Scouts are just going off his production against Big 10 posts last year which are of lesser quality and make him look adequate. Not really a knock on Garza he just has lateral movement limitations the NBA requires. I am not sure what more Fran can do to get him to improve those skills and improve his stock either.

Your last sentence is the exact reason he will likely go pro...Only downsides of him coming back imo..Im talking about his career not Iowa. Luka stock will never be better...He could get hurt...B-ball season could get cancelled or significantly affected.. He will be 22 yrs old this year.

If he comes back then no NBA teams were seriously interested in him imo.

He was arguably the best college player last year and he’s not on a single 1st rd draft board...There’s a reason for this and those reasons ain’t changing another year at Iowa..He knows this.

So the ? Becomes does Luka risk college b-ball not being played or does he go Europe or NBA and make $700k+ next year?

Reactions: LLCoolCY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
A month ago the coaches thought he would come back for sure. Now they really don't know. Take it FWIW but there's some smoke out there that it's gone from him for sure coming back to a coin flip

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I just hope that wherever Luka ends up, that his dad doesn’t go all Lavar Ball on his career.
I feel like this could bumped a lot for the foreseeable future.
Bump already!

Kxno said Frank has a "board" oversee Luka's life and he meets with then monthly and are giving him advice on college vs pro.