Top 250 Beers

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Maybe a question for a completely separate thread, but does anyone have a favorite beer/beers that aren't on the list?

One of my all time favorites is Crooked Stave's Wild Wild Brett Violet. It was a wild ale with pomegranates, violets and lavender. It was quite literally a beautiful beer.

I have one, it's at a local brewpub called The Lucky Monk. One of their signature beers is a simple, clean Vienna Lager they call Fallen Angel. It's clean, crisp, yet contains a good malt character that really showcases the Vienna malt they use for it. Not distributed out of the local area though. I know a local bar or two will have it on tap every once in a while, so it's definitely no surprise it didn't make the list as it probably wasn't even known about by the list makers.

Don't get me wrong, I love to drink beers with big flavors, barrel aging, souring, etc. My favorites all tend to be those beers you can have a couple of in a sitting and still get a nice flavor profile out of.

Seems this list was pretty heavy on the "Double" "Imperial" "Barrel" There is a lot to be said about those who can brew a flavorful, clean lager though and those seem to be left off this list.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I have one, it's at a local brewpub called The Lucky Monk. One of their signature beers is a simple, clean Vienna Lager they call Fallen Angel. It's clean, crisp, yet contains a good malt character that really showcases the Vienna malt they use for it. Not distributed out of the local area though. I know a local bar or two will have it on tap every once in a while, so it's definitely no surprise it didn't make the list as it probably wasn't even known about by the list makers.

Don't get me wrong, I love to drink beers with big flavors, barrel aging, souring, etc. My favorites all tend to be those beers you can have a couple of in a sitting and still get a nice flavor profile out of.

Seems this list was pretty heavy on the "Double" "Imperial" "Barrel" There is a lot to be said about those who can brew a flavorful, clean lager though and those seem to be left off this list.

Agreed. That's what I love about New Glarus. Their ability to make a high quality, subtle, uncomplicated, yet flavorful beer is nearly unparalleled.

Last night I had Avery's Joe's American Pilsner for the first time and really liked it. Real solid pils.

Last edited:

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I'm only at 11. But I have no interest in trading and making special trips for beers. My fun is in finding great beers where I'm already going :yes:

35 PseudoSue
39 Bourbon County Brand Stout
51 Todd The Axe Man
55 Founders Breakfast Stout
82 Hopslam Ale
112 XHOPS (Gold Label)
131 Stone Enjoy By IPA
150 Sculpin IPA
215 Ten FIDY
241 Lagunitas Sucks

AustinHawk

Dec 10, 2009