Timing of Press Releases

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
The ISU AD has two big press releases coming up 1) OC and 2) renderings of SEZ project. When do you think the timing of the two press releases will be? JP has been very good at getting the most bang for his buck when it comes to the timing of press releases - so what is everyone's guesses? Is one done during the week of UI's January bowl game, the week after, the dead week before the super bowl? I have no idea - I just hope it is not done at the same time as UI's game - just looks bad.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Renderings are a very long way off. They haven't even hired an architect yet and won't till mid-late Jan IIRC. Then the planning will go on for many months before any renderings are released from what I can tell.

H

HGPuck

Yeah, the SEZ renderings aren't being released for a couple months at the earliest. They are likely finishing up what they think the target budget will be then there will be a lot of architectural work to do. The announcement will likely coincide with season ticket renewals or the start of single game tickets being available.

OC announcement could be at any time, but the most likely is ten days to two weeks from now.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Based off the SEZ announcement thread some people on here also think he will be announcing Rashad Vaughn's commitment too, don't forget that :no6xn:

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
The initial request and plans for the SEZ won't go in front of the regents until sometime in February. If/when approved, we'll start to hear more.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The ISU AD has two big press releases coming up 1) OC and 2) renderings of SEZ project. When do you think the timing of the two press releases will be? JP has been very good at getting the most bang for his buck when it comes to the timing of press releases - so what is everyone's guesses? Is one done during the week of UI's January bowl game, the week after, the dead week before the super bowl? I have no idea - I just hope it is not done at the same time as UI's game - just looks bad.

Man, you must have a lot of time on your hands. :eek:

Apr 19, 2006
Probably when we hire or have made a decision on the OC and when the drawings or final decision has been made on the SEZ. Just a guess.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron