Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
And who are you simping for him?

My comment was not directed at his inane gambling chatter.

Perhaps, not being omniscient, you lack background knowledge in the premises of our interaction. I'm sure that wouldn't occur to you.
Lawman responds to a single post about another users bet.

“MY COMMENT WAS NOT DIRECTED TO HIS INANE BET”

Seek help man

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I wasn’t responding to you or your bet so I’m not sure why you are telling me how sports gambling works.
Because my opinion is important and should be heard by all. Duh.
PS-I have no clue who’s responding to who anymore on here.

• Haha
Reactions: ClubCy

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I know nothing about her other than she’s really good at basketball. Sounds too depressing for me to look into so good for her for overcoming it.
Stewart is awesome. Always has been. By far the best college and pro “GOAT” resume of the current active WNBA players. It’s not even close. Look at what that woman has accomplished, both individually and on all Teams she’s led.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
I don't really care for Clark because I am an Iowa State fan and I don't really care for anything Iowa. But I sort of feel sorry for her.

Why wouldn't you expect to struggle a bit at first? NBA #1 picks take some time to get going (if they ever do). It's not surprising. But yet the people that are weirdly obsessed with her are blaming everyone but her. I've seen tweets about her teammates not passing to her. I've seen tweets about her coach.
You feel sorry for this person?

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
finding myself watchin the Fever game on ABC 5 and this is like watching freshman/JV highschool boys basketball.

i have been watching for 20 mins and have seen at least 4 airball lay ups. airball 3 pointers, everyone's jumping apex is about 8ft. maybe 9ft.

the liberty are shooting well, but there are 10ft wide open.
anyone who things these people could play in the NBA are mentally insane.

clark has about 5 turnovers, but she is the only player than anyone on both teams are playing defense on. at least its something to watch i guess.

Reactions: khardbored

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
The pub isn't going to last long if she doesn't play WAY better.

The thing is all the attention, hype and pub isn't accounting for her to be a good player. It's all based on the expectation that she's going to be a great, if not dominant/generational player in the WNBA.

Even if she really gets adjusted and starts playing well. Anything less than her being an All-Star and all-WNBA player out of the gates is going to be a massive flop in terms of hype and expectations.

Those expectations might be unfair to her and completely unrealistic, but that is what they are by fans, media, and sponsors. None of the people on the hype train are thinking she's going to be anything other than dominant in the WNBA. The single most hyped WBB player in history by orders of magnitude isn't going to keep getting attention if she's just one of the better players in the league. At that point there are better, more interesting players in the league.

Fans, media and sponsors moved off really fast from guys that were really hyped like Zion or Ben Simmons, even when they still were good players and had a lot of promise. Zion is a good player and is fun to watch. But there is just no reason to focus on guys like that when there are better players out there to follow.
Misses a three and is put in position as lone defender. Points at offensive players and then gets burned by a 3. Can’t stand her game. If she gets 30,her team is going to lose by 30. What’s the damn point?

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Well, she lost again, but I'd argue that she looked more like the Caitlin we remember today. Turnovers are an issue and still not playing any d. Outplayed her counterpart Sabrina Ionescu though

Reactions: chadly82

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Well, she lost again, but I'd argue that she looked more like the Caitlin we remember today. Turnovers are an issue and still not playing any d. Outplayed her counterpart Sabrina Ionescu though
Not playing any D=what the heck is she even doing out there?

Reactions: chadly82

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
This is exactly why I laughed every time a hawk fan got upset and talked smack about Diana and her assessment.