Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Bluder out coaching Mulkey by a mile. They're packing the paint and collapsing on Reese when she touches it. Meanwhile LSU continues to let CC go 1 on 1.

LSU is about as lazy of a team as I’ve ever seen getting back on defense. It’s remarkable. And I stopped counting after 10 screens that they went under on Clark, giving her a wide open look. Terrible strategy or terrible execution.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
Bluder out coaching Mulkey by a mile. They're packing the paint and collapsing on Reese when she touches it. Meanwhile LSU continues to let CC go 1 on 1.
Which is odd because - while Bluder is a good coach, I wouldn't deny that - this is the second year in a row that she's made obvious changes against two legendary coaches and Mulkey/Staley did nothing to react.

• Agree
Reactions: Pizzapitter

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
WV was the only team I've seen that knew how to defend CC. Only problem was that WV was a horrible offensive team. But they held this Iowa team to 64 pts.

But no other team has learned a single thing from that WV game.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
LSU is about as lazy of a team as I’ve ever seen getting back on defense. It’s remarkable. And I stopped counting after 10 screens that they went under on Clark, giving her a wide open look. Terrible strategy or terrible execution.

You have to wonder if they're burned out from the feather lady.

Reactions: nrg4isu

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's crazy how much she does for Iowa. They're not even a tournament team without her.

I laugh when GenZ kids think all of MJ's teammates were all stars, it's their weird uninformed way of dismissing him. People know MJ's teammates names (outside of two players) only for the same reason they know these other Iowa players. Iowa fans and alumni wouldn't even know any of these players names without her. It's not a slam on Iowa fans, it would happen anywhere.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
WV was the only team I've seen that knew how to defend CC. Only problem was that WV was a horrible offensive team. But they held this Iowa team to 64 pts.

But no other team has learned a single thing from that WV game.

Are other teams even built for that though?

Colorado's super slow center was supposed to be some great player but she was a guaranteed basket for Iowa any time she got within 5 feet of clark. Open assist or blow by layup every single time. They shouldn't have even played that center. The one time Colorado had success was when the coach was forced to sit her with three early fouls.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Caitlin is good. There’s just no sense denying it. She’s just really good.

I don't think you'll find anyone on here that doesn't deny that. Without CC, Iowa would likely not even make the tourney... she's that good.

Only issue people have with her, and it's all over the country, not just ISU fans... is that she is such a whiny, overly dramatic, crybaby. She's an amazing basketball player.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
And there it is! With her 4th TO, Clark is now 3rd All-Time!
giphy.gif

Reactions: GoldandCardinal

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm really dumbfounded that the center for UCLA and Angel Reese are projected 4th and 7th in WNBA draft and Brink is #2. They both seem dramatically better, especially since they are clearly way stronger. Not to mention if it's about drawing eyeballs i think Reese is more of a personality draw.

• Agree
Reactions: Pizzapitter

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm really dumbfounded that the center for UCLA and Angel Reese are projected 4th and 7th in WNBA draft and Brink is #2. They both seem dramatically better, especially since they are clearly way stronger. Not to mention if it's about drawing eyeballs i think Reese is more of a personality draw.

Wow, that is insane. I didn't know that's where they were projected. Brink didn't impress me one bit.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't think you'll find anyone on here that doesn't deny that. Without CC, Iowa would likely not even make the tourney... she's that good.

Only issue people have with her, and it's all over the country, not just ISU fans... is that she is such a whiny, overly dramatic, crybaby. She's an amazing basketball player.

It's not unlike the height of LeBron's flopping/acting phase he had mid career. "LeFlop" wasn't a thing when he arrived and it's not a big thing anymore but it was a HUGE very real thing for a few years. A lot of people that liked him before and after couldn't stand him those years.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I’m even over that. She’s just good and she’s good for the game. Iowa fans annoy the hell out of me, but it is is what it is. She’s unreal.

NYCYFan

Mar 18, 2024
I laugh when GenZ kids think all of MJ's teammates were all stars, it's their weird uninformed way of dismissing him. People know MJ's teammates names (outside of two players) only for the same reason they know these other Iowa players. Iowa fans and alumni wouldn't even know any of these players names without her. It's not a slam on Iowa fans, it would happen anywhere.
I wouldn't go that far, MJ had a Hall of Fame running mate and some great support players who knew their roles, the Bulls actually took the Knicks to the brink in the 2nd round without Jordan. Clark has a bunch of 3 star level athletes surrounding her, she's the difference between them being a middle of the pack Big 10 team and a championship contender. I agree with those who say that her antics can be annoying but can deny the impact she made on that program.

I think Clark is more like Lebron with the '07 Cavs.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wow, that is insane. I didn't know that's where they were projected. Brink didn't impress me one bit.

Even people who dislike Reese, you want her on your team the same way you want jerk players like Rodman, Malone, Draymond. A league where Brink is a more valuable player than Reese is one I'd never watch.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron