Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
To no one's surprise everyone on kxno doesn't condemn her behavior, they celebrate it as competitive fire and of course turn it into a gender bias.

I don't care what your plumbing is there is no excuse for this crap.

You don't see Crooks doing this crap.

Their men's team does though and it got the same 'competitive' marks.

They've had a bunch of weirdos in that program too.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Kcci had a article on tonight about the salary gap between men's and women's coaches. Citing this yrs Iowa’s wbb attendance as the reason they need to be closer.
1 yr doesn't even out decades of differences. They did not discuss what the top coaches make (I'm thinking geno and Mulkey) or how their attendance is typically good. It was a real stretch piece.

• Winner
Reactions: 83cy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Kcci had a article on tonight about the salary gap between men's and women's coaches. Citing this yrs Iowa’s wbb attendance as the reason they need to be closer.
1 yr doesn't even out decades of differences. They did not discuss what the top coaches make (I'm thinking geno and Mulkey) or how their attendance is typically good. It was a real stretch piece.
Attendance is a bad comparison. At ISU, students get in free to the women’s, at the men’s, they get turned away from some.

The women’s tickets are much cheaper and throw in the Jr club gets in free last I knew, no such deal with the men’s and the tickets cost quite a bit more.

The men’s program runs a surplus and the women’s is a drain on the AD.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCity

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I wouldn’t lose sleep if they cut Fran’s salary.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
The cynic in me thinks that getting women’s basketball to take off is a low cost revenue stream for ESPN, and that’s why they’ve been pushing it. Not saying I’m right…but I’m wondering.
Could be, but ESPN probably knows that the surge might be temporary. Better get while the getting’s hot.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022

I haven’t seen Clark play, but this is exactly what I was thinking when I saw Brink the other night. I couldn’t believe her lack of character. And not just the foul mouth or whining, but the looks and actions on the bench. As Doug is saying, you just don’t see the guys acting like that.

Last edited:

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
I haven’t seen Clark play, but this is exactly what I was thinking when I saw Brink the other night. I couldn’t believe her lack of character. And not just the foul mouth or whining, but the looks and actions on the bench. As Doug is saying, you just don’t see the guys acting like that.
Laetner was excoriated for being too cocky. Clark, Brink, Reese and the 'Cocks all demonstrate why - outside of Tennessee - so few women's teams find themselves worthy of including "Lady" in their monikers anymore.

Reactions: SwirlyBird

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Would you agree to a deal that put ISU men in final four combined with Iowa women winning championship?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
To no one's surprise everyone on kxno doesn't condemn her behavior, they celebrate it as competitive fire and of course turn it into a gender bias.

I don't care what your plumbing is there is no excuse for this crap.

You don't see Crooks doing this crap.

CW on 2 Guys said she behaves like this because of all the hype and pressure.

Really? What explains her behavior in high school and her years at Iowa before this season then? She’s always behaved like this CW. C’mon…. you’re better than this. Call it out for what it is…. don’t excuse this s**t. You wouldn’t want your daughters acting like this.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
CW on 2 Guys said she behaves like this because of all the hype and pressure.

Really? What explains her behavior in high school and her years at Iowa before this season then? She’s always behaved like this CW. C’mon…. you’re better than this. Call it out for what it is…. don’t excuse this s**t. You wouldn’t want your daughters acting like this.
I reject this excuse in this case and life in general. I've dealt with many "leaders" (managers) who are jerks to their people. Then I hear "Yeah but you gotta understand how much pressure he's under. We can't possibly grasp the stress level." Maybe I can't, but I get stressed in life too and I don't treat people poorly.

Same goes for athletes/celebrities. Yes, they have a ton of pressure and hype. She has an entire ecosystem around her working to make money off her fame. Pressure reveals character, it doesn't create it.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I reject this excuse in this case and life in general. I've dealt with many "leaders" (managers) who are jerks to their people. Then I hear "Yeah but you gotta understand how much pressure he's under. We can't possibly grasp the stress level." Maybe I can't, but I get stressed in life too and I don't treat people poorly.

Same goes for athletes/celebrities. Yes, they have a ton of pressure and hype. She has an entire ecosystem around her working to make money off her fame. Pressure reveals character, it doesn't create it.
Sometimes people will break and react poorly. Those moments tend to be anomalies. When you act poorly consistently, it is a character flaw.

Help Support Us

Become a patron